4/7 Jasper AMPS 412 / +5.5 199 /+11 415 / PMPS 390 the more insulin he gets the higher his BG goes.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

Getting only a few hours sleep at night... haven't left the house in days... trying to catch any hypo or too low too fast situations...

And these high numbers make me think I'm missing something... he was 299 amps on a pet meter in the office the day his vet gave us insulin...and this morning he's 412. We had two PMPS in yellow and I didn't get scared, I just kept going... but now I feel like I must be doing something very wrong.

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Numbers go up and they go down. Today is just an up day. It's high, but not ridiculously outside of your normal range, especially considering meter variation. I don't think this is bouncing, I think it's normal variation and insufficient insulin. I think you've given him plenty of time on this dose and it's time to increase to 0.75u.

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Jasper Blue and Jay

199 at +5.5 and acting ravenous like when he was very low... still giving him his regular ff pate food right now...thinking about getting a cheap backup meter because he always behaves as if he's lower than this meter is saying...

Im thinking it's just that he's going lower than he's used to...so his body is reacting to that... but... can't hurt to have a spare meter I guess.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Agree on increasing

5. Jasper Blue and Jay

The more insulin he gets the higher his numbers go...

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

It’s called new dose wonkiness (ndw) give the increase time

Djamila likes this.