4/7 OT Gussie's ring arrived

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gussie's mom (GA), Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi,
    For all who followed Gussie and loved him as we journeyed thru the Sugar Dance together, I thought you would like to know his ring arrived today. It has some of his fur, ashes and a white Gussie whisker incorporated under the stone. I chose three elements, leaves for victory over diabetes, heart as his was so huge, and wings for his flight. The stone is citrine, for November, his victory month ( and bonus it is gold like him!)
    Attaching some pix, still not able to write that tribute to him...but I will...
    Thank you all so much for all you did to support us....
    Les
    IMG_4909.JPG IMG_4882.JPG IMG_4906.JPG

2. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Lovely now he can always be close. Beautiful ring ! Gussie was one jewel of a kitty...

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  3. Gussie's mom (GA)

Aw thank you...I modestly have to agree! He was pretty special...
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

DebG likes this.
  4. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Beautiful! Oh tears again.....

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Les, that ring is just purrfect! How beautiful! I'm sure that Gussie approves.
    Ella & Rusty

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I love the whisker.... such a wonderful ring.

7. Gussie's mom (GA)

:bighug::bighug::bighug:Yeah, had that effect on me too:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Nice to see you:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Kako & Tux likes this.
  8. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:I just happened to find it on the arch he loved to visit each morning:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

Nice to see you too Les. My tears don't stop.

10. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks Ella:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: I sure hope so or he will find a way to let me know otherwise I am most sure!;):cat::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh what a beautiful ring and so special, just like Gussie! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you Bobbie:bighug::bighug: it's nice to feel him closer:bighug::bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How beautiful. I agree with the others. It is perfect. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Gussie's mom (GA)

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Thank you:bighug::bighug:

15. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks Carla! I think he would approve, operative word bring "think", he was Gussie after all!;):bighug:

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Gorgeous ring! It's great you'll always have a piece of him so close to you physically, as close as he is to you in your heart. :bighug::bighug::bighug: I think Gussie would like to be "bling".

17. Gussie's mom (GA)

Haha you may be spot on there Wendy! He very well may!:cat: Thank you for the chuckle!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Oh, heck, you had me with the whisker ... such a lovely tribute to a very special kitty. :bighug:

19. Gussie's mom (GA)

;):):bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Gussie, the gift that keeps on giving:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Thank you:bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful way to keep Gussie close and honor what a special guy he was!

The ring is just beautiful, Les!!

21. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

this is just amazing ... just like Gussie.... unique and beautiful and i couldnt love it anymore then i do... so happy you designed this and clearly there is a ton of thought and memories incorporated into it... i am sure he is smiling big at the bridge tonight knowing you are keeping him so close to you always... :bighug::bighug::bighug:LES:bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks Chris..he was indeed..you know it's funny, he feels much more nearby of late..:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks so much Amber!:bighug:
    It's funny, I instantly knew those elements had to somehow be a part of anything I did. The only thing I would change is to add the word "fortitude" to the inside of his ring...but it's basically exactly what I envisioned it would be. Funny too, it is just a hair big so it slips a little on my finger, requiring a bit of attention here and there, which makes me smile as I feel it's Gussie making sure he's getting his fair share of attention!:bighug::bighug:
    He's probably stomping around at the bridge, that cat could definitely stomp ! :bighug::cat::bighug:

24. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Such a nice ring Les, he will give you smiles forever.

25. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Oh Les, it's beautiful, and so reminiscent of Gussie in every way! It brought tears to my eyes. I love it, and I especially love that Gussie still knows how to get your attention as you adjust the ring from time to time! I think it's purrfect. ❤️ :bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you! :bighug::bighug: So nice to see you!:bighug:that he will...:bighug:

27. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hi Lucy!
    Thank you so much...he's one that will forever lay claim to a really big chunk of my heart!:bighug::bighug: He is genuinely missed...,:bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  28. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

What a beautiful way to remember your kitty, Les! Thank you for sharing Gussie's journey with us. I hope you are feeling some peace with all that has happened. Gussie was a special guy! :bighug:

29. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Les

How absolutely beautiful and what a wonderful treasure. It is just perfect and I hope it will bring you great comfort.

30. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Beautiful....

31. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Beautiful ring and beautiful tribute. :bighug:

32. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Leslie

What a perfect ring commemorating a perfect love. I hope this gives you comfort and happy memories.

[​IMG]

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

33. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Les I think of you and little Gussie so often - that ring is brilliant and beautiful and what a wonderful gift for you
    where did you get it made?
    so many hugs to you, my friend

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  34. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful way to celebrate his life and to keep him close to you always. We miss you Gussie!

35. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Les,
    Tears again for your little man.
    Such a lovely ring, a part of him will be close to you forever.

36. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Is beautiful just like Gussie. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

37. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful way to remember your boy every day, I hope it brings you happy memories of shared good times. ........he is only a whisker away :bighug::bighug::bighug:

38. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

(((Les)))
    Beautiful and :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:.
    ❤❤❤

39. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you!:bighug::bighug: I think it's going to take a really long time before I'm anywhere near anything like peace with what happened, but thank you:bighug::bighug:
    I'm still struggling with the unfairness of the whole series of events, he deserved better...
    Big hugs to you and scritches to Ozzy:bighug:

40. Gussie's mom (GA)

(((((((Thank you my friend))))))))

HWright likes this.
  41. Gussie's mom (GA)

Aw what a great way to look at it! :cat: Thank you so much:bighug::bighug::bighug:

42. Gussie's mom (GA)

((((Karen)))
    Thank you so much...:bighug::bighug::bighug: I am still trying to comprehend our losses...I hope you are doing ok....OK being a relative term as nothing is normal as we knew normal anymore:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  43. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you so much Gill..it still just all feels unreal, I remember so vividly our late nites and pj parties, felt like we could tackle anything with our village for support...seems so odd he's not here...:bighug::bighug::bighug: I was fixing breakfast this morning and know I saw a cat wend behind my feet so spoke to it, but when I looked there was nobody on the floor:bighug::bighug: I think it was Gussie stopping by:bighug::bighug:

44. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you!!,:bighug: I miss him too, so much...I tell him often how he is remembered not only in my heart but in the hearts of many of his LL family...
    Thank you:bighug::bighug::bighug:

45. Gussie's mom (GA)

((((Hi Carol!))))
    Thank you so much:bighug::bighug: I had it made by a gal on Etsy,
    WispAdornments
    I gave her a rough sketch and she made it into reality..
    I think of you often too and peek in from time to time to see how Murphy is doing:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

46. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you so much, that is beautiful:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  47. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you Lizzie :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  48. Gussie's mom (GA)

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

49. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you Marje:bighug::bighug:
    Responding to my first frantic post here you were a calm presence by my side in our journey, for that I will be forever grateful..:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  50. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

I am so sorry- I hope my comment did not come across the wrong way- it was definately not my intention. I am not really good with words in these situations and do not always know the right thing to say. What I meant was that he had a good life with you, he was loved and cared for so dearly as everyone on the board here could see. You were the best mama bean. And he went on his own terms and his own way when he was ready. It was a pretty awesome story to read about Gussie's determined-to-do-it-my-way personality when his time came. He seems like such a special cat. No one lasts forever, not even us, and his dignity at the end was remarkable and your strenght through it all was so admirable. I hope when your heart heals in time, you will have peace with this because your and Gussie's relationship was very special and extremely special to witness.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  51. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

That's a lovely way to remember your sweet Gussie, Les. It's beautiful, just like your little sweetheart.

52. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Hi Les Murphy is holding his own - not great, but not awful I haven't posted in a while - My Mom is near death right now and I've been too much of a wreck for much of anything for the past 8 weeks -thanks for the tip about the ring - I don't think I would be good at jewelry design though - you did a brilliant job

53. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

What a lovely remembrance. Gussie was such a cool Kat, and you a wonderful Mum.

54. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

That is such a beautiful way to keep his memory close to you Les. Thanks for providing the link to the artist. Even though his physical body isn't with you, his spirit will always be watching over you. I still think about Jack's buddy Gussie and hope you are doing as well as you can. I know you had quite a bit on your personal plate as well as dealing with Gussie. It is unfair how he had to leave, but he was a lucky cat to have a bean with a heart like yours:bighug::bighug:

55. julie & punkin (ga)

Sending you a little support, Carol, during this difficult time. :bighug:

56. Carol & Murphy (GA)

thanks, Julie - she died this morning

57. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Carol, I'm so sorry. Sending prayers for you and your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

58. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Oh, Carol, I am so, so sorry. Losing your Mom is one of the toughest things you can endure. Sending you so many (((hugs))) and so much love. Wishing you peace to bring you comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold your Mom in your heart. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

59. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Les.... what a beautiful ring and such a tribute to your Gussie:bighug:

60. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Oh Les, it is absolutely perfect... just beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes. Such a wonderful way to keep Gussie close to you. I know what you mean when you say it will take quite a while to come to a place of peace with it all. I am still struggling with Flame's passing.
    Gussie was one of a kind! Sending you :bighug::bighug::bighug: and a heart full of love.

61. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hi oh no, I didn't want to imply I felt anything other than your love and support! :bighug::bighug::bighug:I didn't...so sorry if my reply came across wrong:eek:
    You are quite magnificent with words of comfort, despite what you may think:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Thank you so much for caring and journeying with us:bighug::bighug: your words brought a smile this morning as I shared in your memories of him:bighug:

Ozzy Pawzbourne likes this.
  62. Gussie's mom (GA)

(((((Oh Carol)))))
    I am soooo very very sorry to hear of your loss. This past Monday was the 1 year anniversary of my Mom's passing so I remember only too acutely the surreal combination of relief that she was free of the body that betrayed/failed/trapped her spirit and essence for too long, and the agony of losing her..there is, no matter how difficult the history, a unique tie with our mothers and the physical end to that relationship leaves a tangible void like no other..it's a very strange feeling...
    I send my deepest and most heartfelt gentle hugs to you...my heart hurts for yours.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:I am so very, very sorry....:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

63. Cherish Gallagher

Cherish Gallagher Member

This is so sweet and something I would love to do someday. I lost the first love of my life about 5 years ago. I kept her ashes and I also had her paw prints tattooed on the top of my foot. Planning to get Angels as well but not for many more years I hope!

64. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

@Gussie's mom ((Les)) Kære ven, sending heaps more hugs and vines your way, and sweet dreams and memories,
    Sina ❤:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

@Carol & Murphy ((Carol)) multitudes of hugs and vines for you and your family. My mother went on to her next journey in 2009 after long illness and the vicissitudes of dementia. Not a day goes by without memories and missing her and yet also feeling her presence.
    With hugs and may the universe as a big soft pillow of love surround and comfort you.
    Sina:bighug::bighug::bighug:

65. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Les!

I haven't been on the Board much lately, so just seeing this. I think it is a wonderful and very fitting tribute to a very special kitty. You and Gussie made such a great team. I hope every time you look at it, you see his sweet, mischievous face looking back at you and that it makes you smile. We never stop missing them, never stop hurting, but the more we can smile when we think of them, the more we conquer that pain. I wish you many more Gussie smiles than tears. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

@Carol & Murphy, I am so very sorry for your loss. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

66. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Carol I'm so sorry for your loss.

(sorry for the hijack Les)

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
  67. julie & punkin (ga)

(((Carol))) I'm so sorry. My mom passed in 2006 and I still think of her and miss her every day.

It's so difficult . . . my heart goes out to you. Sending you a big hug. julie

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.