4/8 Curry's thoughts on her vet visit - video

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tena and Curry(GA), Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=68164

So we began the prednisone last night. I can give her it in a pill pocket. But we are just going to be on it for a few days. Her resting respiration is still very fast. 44 or more per minute and that is when she is not stressed. Ugh.

Sid is much more relaxed w/o Curry but yesterday evening she went to sleep by Curry's room. Like she wanted to be close to Curry.

Monday i am suppose to p/u the new meds which can not be given with food. Either an hour before or 2 hours after. I kinda feel like I'm just putting a bandaid on this disease. She must have a lot of damage to her lungs. Bless her heart.....she hid it really well for so long.

Here's Curry's thoughts on yesterday. She actually sounds a little hoarse. You can see how fast she is breathing by seeing her back side move up and down in the video.

[youtube]50ij7W0o_Lk[/youtube]

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I think she's saying "Thank you, mom, for taking such good care of me. You are the bestest." :D
    Liz

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Poor baby! I hope she's feeling calmer and happier. You do take excellent care of her.

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

What a sweetheart she is. I just hope that the new med helps her out. (((Curry))) (((Tena))).

5. Cini Mini's Mom

Cini Mini's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! Such a coooote face! And personality plus! :D

6. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

She's such a little beauty. I hope she feels better fast. What new meds is she getting for the asthma? Do you use Albuterol or another bronchial dilater?

Melanie & Racci

7. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Melanie

She is on Flovent - max dose and albuterol - max dose .. Every 4 to 6 hours. They aren't really doing much now for her. we added some prednisone for a couple of days.

So we discussed terbutaline syrup instead of the albuterol since it stays in the system longer. Then he said to try Accolate. 10 mg per day given at 5 mg bid. Looks like that takes a while to get into the system. One person on the feline asthma board has her cat on all of the above. Geesh.

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((Tena)))))

I'm sorry I missed your condo yesterday and Curry's bad day at the vet. Extra big hugs for you.....my heart just breaks for you for yesterday and for your sweet, gorgeous girl. We all love Curry so much, too, and wish she could
    have an asthma free life. You are amazing with all you do for her.

I hope the pred and the new med will make a difference for her so she can breathe. And I'm so sorry she attacked sweet Sid again.....you did so great with them. I will hope you can get back to that at some point in time.

Sending Curry many healing vines and just thoughts for you, my friend.

9. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Aww, I'm sorry that she has that asthma so badly!. I was lucky with Racci, I guess. She had to have the prednisone in the very beginning but after that the Flovent and Albuterol were enough for her. She's not had an attack for a long time now though she still takes her Flovent 2x a day to prevent it. I hope this attack goes away quickly and it's just something blooming now. This is a bad time of year for asthmatics.

Melanie & Racci

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Tena, what a beautiful kitty, and I love Curry talking! Poor baby, I hope the meds start helping her and that her and Sid soon can be friends again. Sending some vines for Curry and hugs for you. Scritches to Sid.

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Prayers & Healing Vines for Curry to have the meds work on her with ease & fix her sweet lungs...
    I know that panting, it is upsetting, but she will be so much better very shortly-
    Paws & fingers crossed for You & Curry to be better real soon!
    Hugs & Love from us!!!

12. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

What a great video!! She is adorable but I am kinda partial to Maine Coon's. :lol: I hope the prednisone gives her some relief and the new meds help. Thinking of you!! ((((Tena))))

13. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Curry is just the most beautiful kitty and her meow is so sweet. I am so sorry she is going through a tough time with the asthma. I hope the pred works well for her and she is feeling better real soon. You take such good care of your sweet baby.

14. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Tena, Curry is so beautiful. I'm so sorry she is going through this difficulty. You're a super mama to your baby. :D

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Tena & Curry,
    Fingers and paws crossed that the meds will help Curry's asthma. She is such a sweetie, and so beautiful in her video. I hope that your girls will become friends again, too.

Lots of hugs,

Ella & Rusty (whose "meow" sounds just like Curry's)

16. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Aw, Tena- that is one of the sweetest videos I've ever seen!

And so absolutely touching that when you say "I'm sorry", she looks down in that sad, sweet way.

Sending you and Curry lots of love and huge hugs from the NW...
    we will keep you, Curry and Sid in our thoughts and hearts.

Celi, Binks, Smudge, and Annie

[​IMG]

17. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Wow - is she cute or what???? Your avitar doesn't do her justice.
    And I love the way she responds to you. So stinkin' cute.
    I hope she's feeling better and her and your other cat can be friends again soon.

18. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Awwww Curry talking to you gave me the biggest heart tug. I miss my talks with Maverick so much. Thank you for posting this. She is precious!!! Give her a big hug and a kiss from me!!!!!!

I can't help with medication - Maverick was only on 250 x 2 of flovent a day and no albuterol he was managed so well. Sending big hugs. I hope they can be best friends again soon. Maybe since the process worked so well last time it can go much quicker this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.