4/8 Michael AMPS 85 PMPS 101

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LynnLee + Mousie, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-7-michael-amps-83-pmps-131.155824/

Not a whole lot to say this morning. Michael gave me some really good purrs last night and was doing gentle head butts to my hand to get me to pet the left side of his head. I had elevator butt again :) And he's up walking about a bit more while I'm in the room last night and this morning.

This weekend I plan on doing more testing since I can and maybe let him actually see some of my kitties to see if he will be able to join the household instead of staying in one room all by himself. If Paula is going to have months of therapy and such before she is able to come home I don't want him to have to stay in one room by himself for that long. I just have to take it slow and be careful cause he is seriously the biggest cat I think I've ever seen. I think he could sit on some of my girls and crush them :) If any of the old-timers remember Fuzzie the shop cat.......Michael is bigger than him even!

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice start this morning. Is he a large breed kitty?

3. LynnLee + Mousie

honestly I couldn't answer that. but, out of amazement I've just been getting rudimentary measurements. from butt to shoulder blades he's as long as my elbow to my fingertips. from floor to spine is I'd say about a foot, maybe a hair more. and this morning I held my left hand next to his foot and from his ankle to the end of his toes is about 1 inch shy of my wrist to my fingertip on my longest finger

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad he's responding to loving,,,,his numbers look great. I think he's a pretty gentle cat so I hope he will mix well with your group.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Michael is doing well. I wonder how much he weighs? I hope he can get along with your kitties.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It sounds like he is really coming along nicely. Hope that he and your girls will be friends. I didn't realize that Michael was so big.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Wouldn't it be great if Paula comes home to Michael being OTJ?

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Great to hear Michael is settling in so well!!

I'm sure with a little time and slow introductions, he'll fit in with your crew just fine....even if he IS a Gulliver among the Lilliputians;)
    Gullivers cat.jpg

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

He sounds like a wildcat not a house cat.

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wonderful report again! Paula has referred to Michael as a gentle soul, so hopefully he'll be fine with your other kitties. He sounds like he's about the size of my civvie, Zen, who checks in at 15lbs and actually looks a lot like Michael!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I've seen Paula refer to him as a gentle cat, also. And he's definitely a senior (15, I think). I hope he'll be able to socialize with your kitties.
    Have a good weekend, Cindy,

Ella & Rusty

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  12. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Michael sure seems to be handling the changes well. Must be a pretty mellow fellow. Must be a pretty special bean taking care of him, too.

Marilyn and Polly

13. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS for Michael!

14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Good to hear he's purring and happy. I didn't realize he was so big, but I have seen plenty of pictures of his belly and knew that he was a bit "fluffy," lol.

I'll be curious to see what you get with the curve.

15. LynnLee + Mousie

Anddddddd, we have belly rubs tonight! Full on roll over and show it to me belly rubs :)

Squeaky and KT (GA) likes this.
  16. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Any word on how Paula is doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.