? +4 and she is 76

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Debra Pratt, Jan 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debra Pratt

Debra Pratt Member

So I have been sick for a while and haven’t been able to test mid cycle and such for a bit. Today I noticed she was extremely hungry at the +4 mark 11:30am and so I tested her and her sugar was at 76. Now I usually I wait until 1pm to feed lunch so that each meal is equal distance apart. Though after seeing her number like that I did not want to make her wait any longer to eat. So my question now is do I keep her at the 2.25u does of Lantus or do I lower the dose to 2u? There was a day when I was in the hospital that I had someone else go and feed her but they forgot to test or give shot so she missed that dose and in the am where I usually would see a spike she was only at 290 not the typical 400-500 number I would see on a missed dose.

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmm... It depends on which dosing method you are using. Are you doing Start Low, Go Slow? I think that probably makes the most sense given the testing constraints (on Tight Regulation, you'd generally have to test much more than you are currently to keep her safe).

So, if you're doing SLGS, then yes-- any time you go under 90, you reduce by 0.25, so that means Bitsy has earned a reduction down to 2U!

Debra Pratt likes this.
  3. Debra Pratt

Debra Pratt Member

yes I am following the SLGS method.

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.