4 cycles off juice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by MamaMug, Apr 10, 2019.

1. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

I had posted Monday about our vet visit and doc wanting to go 5-7 days off and see where it takes us.

So far some mid range blues that I know aren't ideal, but nothing near yellow and mostly relatively low numbers. Honestly his numbers have stayed more stable thus far than I was anticipating. Time will tell.

From our check in on Monday it appears his teefies are still quite bad. I'm kind of eager to get him in for that work once he's stable, as I know the infection can aggravate BG numbers, but we're taking it day by day to see if his numbers stay stable.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

His clinical symptoms are continuing to show good signs as well. Honestly within a week of nutritionally appropriate wet food he has continued to climb in the (laymans) clinical department. Thirst is back to normal. Litterbox is a dream. He's way more playful and snuggly.

I came into his life a few years in. I never knew him as a kitten. I met him as a fat boy who loved to loaf and 'otter' around. With a spring back in his step I feel like I'm getting to know him all over again!

3. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Yay!! So happy for you guys. Hope you continue to see him happy, healthy and OTJ!!

MamaMug likes this.
  4. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

This morning was really elevated from where he's been the past few days, but he did retch a handful of times before AMPS. It has me a bit wary about continuing off juice but he did bounce back down midday. We'll see how the weekend goes. Still a big part of me that thinks microdosing would be prudent.

Djamila likes this.