4 months!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Melanie and Smokey, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Yesterday was Smokey's 4 months off the juice anniversary! Sometimes its seems like wow 4 whole months, and others it seems like an eternity ago that we had to do that stuff.

Her good numbers continue. She is loving summer and getting outside to eat grass. She is much more adventuresome this year and is out roaming the gardens with the other two. She's still a big mommy's girl and thinks mommy belongs to her alone. When we recently had to give Taz medication, Smokey was quite jealous of Taz getting her attention and treats (stuffed with antibiotics!).

Getting Smokey's diabetes under control and Taz's arthritis treated, its like we have kittens instead of teenagers in this house!

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you and Smokey on his 4 months Anniversary off the juice. She is a beautiful kitty! It seems like once they are off the insulin, they are so much more relaxed and playful. Glad to hear she is doing so well. I bet it's so interesting and fun with two felines.

s

3. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! We are right behind you at 3.5 months.

Question for you... how did you get Taz's arthritis under control? Kitty definitely has some.

4. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Thanks Kathy. Our vet prescribed Dasuquin for Taz and it did really, really well for her. She went from getting out of bed with a limp or just not getting up the ambition to try to get out of the top of the cat tree to launching herself out of it onto to bed and zipping around after the other cats or us.

After a couple weeks she quit eating it though so we are on a search for some other glucose and condroitin product she will eat to keep it in her.

5. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

We've been giving Cosequin, but it just doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. I didn't realize Dasequin was a food additive, like Cosequin. I was hoping for magic, I guess. If there were a LITTLE pill, and we could use pill pockets... :roll:

6. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Melanie and Smokey!!! Sooooooo exciting, happy & proud too :mrgreen:
    Baby will be 4 months OTJ here in a few days too.. I know what you mean.. sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago.. other times.. like yesterday.
    So blessed to be in the OTJ Club & good for you getting Diabetes & Arthritis treated/under control!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.