? 5/10 Benny AMPS 335 +1 337 +2 250

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ben&Squirrel, May 10, 2022.

1. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

tiffmaxee likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Wishing you luck!

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  3. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Elise, is it possible to intervene with food too early in the cycle? I don't want to give him food just because I'm nervous. :)

4. tiffmaxee

Yes, it’s possible. You are testing way more than necessary. A general guideline is if the +2-3 is a lot lower than the amps or pmps it might be an active cycle. If higher then you might want to get one more test between +5-7 and unless green at that point no need to test again until next shot. You want to feed only lc unless you need to slow him down. He’s sliding down today which is good. I’d get the next test in 2 hours. Nice to see the yellow. It looks to me like Benny onsets between +2-3 like Max did.

If ever not sure what to feed post for help. Add the question mark prefix.

Ben&Squirrel likes this.
  5. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

OK, thank you. He has the Freestyle Libre on, so that makes testing painless for him, but even nicer if I don't have to test so often. He'd probably be happier to get less of my attention!

6. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

@tiffmaxee I know I said I wasn't going to test so much but he happened by and I grabbed a reading. He's down to 122. Should I test him again in an hour?

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would have fed some LC and tested again in an hour. That was a fast drop but it's getting close to the middle of the cycle.

8. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

OK, I gave him a little bit of LC and he wasn't terribly interested, so I gave him a spoonful of MC at +9. He only went down to 95 at +9 and went up to 185 at +10. Assume he will go no lower in the next 2 hours, and that I won't feed him until then.

This means I keep his dose of 1.0 steady?

9. tiffmaxee

10. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Yes, I'm doing TR, starting now. I still feel incompetent about it, but finally feel like it is starting to dawn on me. I'll change my sig and spreadsheet.

tiffmaxee likes this.