5/12 Max amps 398 PMPS 164

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, May 12, 2023.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Prettier and flatter cycles on 5.75 units. I don’t like 5.5 units with Max, but the worn out patience pants are on once again. I’ve thought a lot about it and I’m changing him to 3 times below 50 next time and I’m also changing him to custom dosing because I’m not really going by TR protocol with him anymore at this point.

Max has more issues to deal with that cause his numbers to be high. SRT action isn’t there anymore ( s/p 82 weeks) and we are dealing with all things Max besides diabetes that aggravate those high numbers. Those high numbers lead to other problems specific to Max as well. We’ve been at this for a while now so I know Max’s trends well.

We’ll see if he proves me wrong. Dose threat warning issued again.

Yesterday https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-11-max-amps-260-2-238-4-129-6-71.277421/#post-3070720

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  2. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

Good luck Lori, I hope Max comes down for you today! :bighug:

Max & Lori likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice slide today. I hope Max surfs safely tonight.

Max & Lori likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

One minor suggestion to the way he earns reductions. 3 times under 50 is OK, but if one of those is under 40, reduce immediately. A dose getting him to the 30's shouldn't be continued. Good luck with the new dosing. FYI, if you consider Max a cat that doesn't hold reductions well, then you are still following TR with this reduction criteria. Or are you considering other changes?

BTW, almost didn't recognize him with the new avatar. He looks lighter in that pic.

Max & Lori likes this.
  5. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Thanks Wendy, I definitely understand. I won’t let it continue that low for sure. I don’t even like to see it at 49, but he hasn’t been able to hold reductions lately so thought I’d try 3 times under 50. I’m very cautious though so we will see how that goes. I’d like to see him lower and flatter like he was on the 5.75 units, but I’m just watching to see what he’s going to do. I guess he is still TR, I just wasn’t sure. I don’t have any other plans for his dosing right now.
    Lol, Max has a vibrant orange coat. It may just be the light in the picture causing him to look even lighter though. Thanks again.:)