? 5/12 Mossimo- AMPS 106, +3 100, PMPS 117

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CaitLovesMo, May 12, 2022.

1. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

Hey everyone,

I really don't have major concerns about my Mo. Just really wanted to see if anyone has advice on how I can possibly get Mo's preshot numbers down? It seems like the snacks aren't doing enough. He loves his boiled chicken. Do you think I have to give him some more boiled chicken throughout the day? If so, what +hour should I do?

Any advice would help and be appreciated. Please give me tips.

Thanks!

My last post:

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...pmps-97-follow-up-post-6.262692/#post-2944580

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

When is he getting the snacks? Many find a +9 snack will bring the preshots down as a well functioning pancreas brings the bg down 3-4 hours after eating.

3. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

He gets his snack at both +9s... I don't know if there is other times I should be feeding him or giving a "snack".

He won't eat pate other than breakfast and dinner. I'm not home during the day and have the automatic feeder giving him a snack at +9.

4. tiffmaxee

There’s no special time for snacks other than +8-9. He is doing well. The pesky amps/pmps are the last to come down.

5. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

I know it could probably come down if he stopped the young again, but he just won't eat enough without it. I have tried and failed each time. I just can't have him starving..

6. tiffmaxee

Probably but he needs to eat enough. He’s still very close to normal on a small amount of insulin.