5/14 Raven AMPS 71 +1 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SophieFRA, May 14, 2023.

1. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  2. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

Just read the sticky on TR and low numbers again to remind myself of the number scenarios. Seems like 71 is a shootsble number. My inclination would be to go back to shooting 3.5 (instead of 3.75) and to still add MC food for +1 and +3 meal. I didn‘t take a mid-cycle shot since I was sleeping so I don‘t know what the nadir was.

3. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

I went ahead and shot the regular dose (3.75u). I gave him some MC food and have some timed to go off in an hour. During the day I can measure up to +5 before I have to head out for an appointment. So hopefully I‘ll get a better sense of his nadir on this dose.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m sorry no one got to you earlier. I’m glad you read the sticky on TR and low numbers. Did you get a +1 or a +2.?
    It’s always a good idea to do that if you a shooting a lower than normal preshot.

5. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

Thanks for your response. I just took a measure at +2 and he‘s at 80.

cecile & bella likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Neko was a late nadir girl, often at +12 (or sometimes even a couple hours after that0. I had to get used to shooting lower numbers.

That +2 will tell you what kind of cycle you are looking at today and whether he'll need higher carb snacks next. Hard to say with MC at preshot time whether that 80 is a food bump or him just being flat.