5/2 Curve day AMPS 275 +2 387 +4 317

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah & Sammie, May 2, 2020.

1. Sarah & Sammie

Sarah & Sammie Member

She has returned to 2.75 for the past week after having reduced to 2.5 for a week.

Sammie had a brain tremors early this morning. I’m eager to get her regulated.

Could someone also remind me what normal ranges are on an alphatrak? It’s been a few months since I’ve used one consistently, and I’m doing the curve on both meters so that I am able to relay the information to the vet.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like you picked a bad day for a curve. It seems Sammie is starting a bounce from some low.

Are the numbers on the spreadsheet from the Contour? I've never used the AT, did your vet tell you what the normal ranges are on that meter? Generally AT numbers will be a little higher than the human meter ones.

Is Sammie still on the ZD wet and dry? Those are both quite high carb, which will make it more difficult to get her regulated.

The link to your last post here, for continuity: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-24-amps-403-2-392-4-307-6-222-8-317-11-496.228780/

3. Sarah & Sammie

Sarah & Sammie Member

Sorry! Thanks for linking to my last post. I copied it but forgot to post it.

The numbers in the spreadsheet are using the contour next. The alphatrak numbers are in the notes section. I can’t remember what the target range is for the alphatrak. I tried searching my emails with my vet but there are lots. I found one that says normal on the alphatrak for a non diabetic is 75-160.

Is the low you are referring to the 238 from last night? I thought that was normal, but maybe not compared to her high numbers lately? I can repeat the curve in a few days if you suggest that.

Sammie is still on z/d. I cannot switch her. It’s been suggested by members of this forum many times. It’s the only food that prevents her diarrhea and somewhat reduces her vomiting.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I don't know how low she got last night or if it was another cycle when she went low, but it looks like a bounce. Some cats will also bounce from low yellows if they aren't used to them.