? 5/2 Tucker12 BG 207 relapse? How to proceed?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker12, May 2, 2020.

1. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Hi everyone hope everyone is well.

After some lovely time off insulin I am concerned about the recent spot checks Tucker has had. Mostly hovering in the 200 range (10-12mmol/L). They aren’t in the spreadsheet as I haven’t got a 2020 one set up and I wasn’t the one performing the tests. I have moved so my parents are now his primary care takers. I was just informed of this info today, when I notice he has lost weight when I went for a visit.

I am of the opinion they should be restarting insulin. Vet doesn’t agree saying it’s too risky. I am no longer the primary care taker of him, so it’s causing some stress as I worked so hard when he was initially diagnosed and don’t want him to keep rising.

Am I off base thinking he should be started on a tiny dose? Maybe 1/4 or a couple of drops? He has lost weight too. Grateful for any experience anyone can share.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I understand about you not being the primary care giver, but it's difficult to advise where to begin without a SS. Is it possible to get it up and going and get some test information recorded?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's really helpful if you can do a "food trial". Test at preshot, then test 3 hours later to see if he's bringing his numbers down. It's probably also worth a vet visit, to see if there is an infection brewing, something like bad teeth which are notorious for knocking cats out of remission. Any change in the food Tucker gets? And as Sue says, get what tests have been done into a spreadsheet, so we can look at the data.

Sue and Luci likes this.