5/20 Kitty's 3rd OTJ test 109. WCR

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kathy and Kitty, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Not thrilled, but I know it's okay. It's just a lot higher than the first two. He had eaten about an hour before, though, so that could explain it.

WCR: He just doesn't move much. I think it's arthritis. I should get more aggressive. The Cosamine doesn't really help, but the vet doesn't want to give Adequan - she thinks it's just for dogs. But honestly, I'm reluctant to drag him to the vet right now. I just want to give the poor guy a break from all the poking and sticking and fear.

So we'll hang out a while more, and I will continue to bring him food while he sits on the porch. He likes that. :D

2. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

What does WCR stand for?

Judy & Jake

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Now you got your first OTJ blue out of the way anyway. Did you test later to see if he caught a good drop?

Sorry he's not wanting to move much right now. This is the time of the year my girls perk up 'cause we let them be in the yard while we are outside and they love to munch grass and sunbathe.

4. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Awwww ((((Kitty)))) I understand wanting to give him a break. Hope he gets to moving... I am nervous about ever having to take Webber to the vet again. Stress nailbite_smile

Judy - WCR is "Whole Cat Report". In Lantus Land we had daily "condos" and we would always try to include a daily WCR. How the kitties are doing, eating etc. Are all 5 P's in place. (Pee, Play, Purr, Preen, Poop) :mrgreen:

5. Kathy and Kitty

I always feel so conflicted about the vet! I worry about Kitty and want to get another opinion...and I never want him subjected to the carrying case and the pokes and fear. I want to treat him, without OVER-treating him. :roll:

I didn't test again, but I won't wait a full week this time!

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Kathy - there may be something you could get from the vet to semi-sedate him from home prior to going to the vet? You could always call and see have something.....I used to give one of my civvies benadryl or chlortrimeton for her allergies and it always made her sleepy. Maybe they could suggest something to give like that?

Remember though that 109 is still normal. (((hugs to you)))

7. Kathy and Kitty

Thanks, Paige. Dealing with vet visits is almost as bad for me as it is for him... I worry in advance! He doesn't know until the carrier comes out. And then he hides. :sad:

DH says I worry too much. Ya think? :lol:

8. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Omg I am the same way. I always have to take something to get myself to calm down. I totally understand!!

9. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Kathy & Kitty too! I was going to chime in & say.. Kitty may have a touch of not moving too much - but cats in general are pretty chill animals, I know a lot of people make it sound like their cats are puppies :lol: but we all know cats are not constant balls of energy bouncing off the walls. I take Sadi & Baby out & make sure they get exercise daily - so they have always been more busy than a lot of cats I know.. but remind yourself Kitty is just being a cat. They eat & sleep 90% of their lives or so it seems..
    Kitty is healthy & I fall victim to seeing a Blue # & freaking out.. but I wish that mentality would stop.. its normal ;-)
    Also, I am like you.. there is no reason to be testing constantly.. Kitty has earned not being poked daily, weekly, etc. Being paranoid or OCD is not healthy for you or him. I don't plan on testing Baby more than weekly & I plan to go to monthly, this disease does not define her & I am not going to obsess over BG Testing - that is for when you are giving Insulin :D Hang in there kiddo, all is well in Kitty's world :thumbup

10. Kathy and Kitty

Nicole, THANK YOU, I needed that!

I admit it, I guess jealous of all the kitties who are running with their zippy pants on! ohmygod_smile Kitty is a mature (old), stocky (overweight) laid-back feline. He NEVER moved around a lot, even before diabetes. His relaxed nature was always one of the things we've loved about him.

So if he wants loooong snoozes on the porch in the sun, why the heck not?? :mrgreen:

I feel better. :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.