5/21- Hank's AMBG- 66

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by bettyandhank, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

This morning we were in the kitchen early and Hank jumps up on his testing area. I continue to think this is cute :)
    Then I realized I hadn't tested him in nearly 5 days! It was only recently we went to every other day, which was by accident, then last time we did it on the 3rd day. Anyway, I have this spot on the counter with a cotton blanket I lay out and sometimes even catch him up there napping now!
    Often he'll be there posturing for FDCC. But TODAY, it was a reminder for his test. I can't believe we just got busy and didn't check him.
    But also the reason I am posting is today was the first AMBG we've done in over a month. I nearly always test at night but am aware his numbers tend to run higher in the morning. So while it was more about convenience that strategy, I know his overall OTJ numbers can vary and since we test at night, we may have not seen some of the higher ones. SO, am VERY pleased and HAPPY with this AM 66 :mrgreen: :D
    And I just love him to pieces. He jumped on his spot this early AM (we are night owls, so this is not usual) ...I unfolded his blanket and he just rolled on his side and purred away...even when I picked up the test kit. I think he knew we were due.
    he is just the sweetest boy ever.
    I cannot forget because he is doing so well that he is diabetic. As they say, once a diabetic....We don't want to take anything for granted.
    So thank you Hankie for reminding me to check on you!
    AND he got his FDCC...so good all around!!!

We are now close to 7 weeks OTJ..and I am so grateful for his continued good health.

betty

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Betty & Hank! Your boy is doing Grrrrrreat!! These kitties are just the best thing ever! I love my lil ladies sooooooo much too!! Hank wanted to be tested to show momma his good results! What a Fabulous Furbaby Friday!! Gooooooooooooo Hank, have a great weekend Betty!!! :mrgreen:

3. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Betty what a fabulous WCR!! Hank is doing great. Hope your weekend is grand!! :mrgreen:

4. bettyandhank

Paige-

Hi. We never officially 'met' as i think you guys were OTJ before we became active on the board. BUT, I noticed you are from Pearland. I'm in Austin but have an old HS friend in Pearland. They have been there maybe 5 years or so. He travels for work, but his wife is there and is a golfer. I think they live in golf course type community. I grew up near the coast SE of there. So just wanted to say 'Hi' to a fellow Texan.

thanks for visiting us!

betty

5. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

That is a fantastic report! can't believe Hank is sooo cooperative. He must love you. cat_pet_icon :mrgreen:

6. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

What is FDCC?

So glad Hank is so well!!

Judy, Jake, & civvie Boomer

7. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Go Hank go! Lookin' good there! Sounds like he's doing great Betty =) I can hear the happy in your "voice" =)

Judy, FDCC is freeze dried chicken (dog, shhhh) treats We call it freeze dried chicken crack, because all the kitties seem to think it's crack! I've got one that climbs my leg to get to the stuff, another who has almost figured out how to open the cabinet door where it's kept, and when Tugger gets his FDCC after his tests/shots I have 6 other animals hovering around and over me waiting (im)patiently for their bites too :lol: Usually at least one of the dogs are standing over me dripping slobber on the top of my head while I'm trying to test... it's crack, in freeze dried chicken form! They also have salmon, ocean whitefish, beef... I think that's all of them? Petsmart and Petco carry them in the dog aisles.

*waves at paige* I grew up in Alvin! I left a long time ago... more than two decades but I refuse to think any harder than that about that particular subject. *two decades, sheesh, and granny glasses to boot, I am offically an old geezer. Gimme my scooter and my cane, I want to chase all those darn kids off my lawn :lol: *

8. bettyandhank

M A R V I E ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi :D

WB!....need the details..

chat later,
    betty

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

HI Betty, soooo happy Hank is doing so well! How cute is he reminding you that he needed his test??!!!! So cute!!! We are testing every other day now and Scrabble is really good with it. What a beautiful ambg! It is amazing the joy these kitties can bring to our lives isn't it??

10. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Marvie and Betty!!! My fellow Texans :YMHUG: YaY!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.