5/24 Cooper AMPS 120, +3 86, +5 78, +8.5 75, PMPS 67, +1 71, +2.5 62, +3.5 59, +4 67, +5 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JL & Cooper, May 24, 2024.

1. JL & Cooper

JL & Cooper Member

Yesterday

He’s been feeling good in these blues/greens the last couple days…. But I’d love to see a more typical 24 hour cycle, instead of these sliding cycles where I stay up watching for those lows after the PMPS. :rolleyes::coffee: Haha! Happy Friday!

Last edited: May 24, 2024
    Staci & Ivy and Angela & Cleo like this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Looks like he read what you asked for and decided you don't deserve it! ;):p
    Another night of partying! :D:D:D

See what he does without higher carbs...

JL & Cooper likes this.
  3. JL & Cooper

JL & Cooper Member

it was looking promising there mid afternoon :p but of course not! Haha!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. JL & Cooper

JL & Cooper Member

he hasn’t been getting anything higher really. I gave him a bit (like only a spoon tip dipped in it) of 15% when he was in the 50s, mixed with his 4%, since I didn’t have a higher LC. And the last two days he’s had a small spoon of 6% with his meals to see if it gives him a boost. Snacks today were 1%, and in the evenings they’ve been 4% (1% after nadir).

Last edited: May 24, 2024
    Staci & Ivy and Bandit's Mom like this.
  5. JL & Cooper

JL & Cooper Member

+2.5 was without a +2 snack (forgot to test and feed him then :facepalm:). Got his snack at +2.5

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. JL & Cooper

JL & Cooper Member

Yay for going back up at +4

Are Cooper’s daytime slides the last few days still a form of bouncing, or just what his body wants to do with the cycles? I think I was just surprised to see the pattern of one big nadir per day continue after the yellows/pinks ended earlier in the week.

I love seeing him in the greens (and he feels noticeably better in them), so I’m happy to see he hasn’t dipped low enough for a reduction….but it also feels like so many cycles in a row of barely staying high enough (granted, that’s without the use of MC/HC food).

tagging Bhooma, because she was here earlier, but open to any answers :bighug: thanks!
    @Bandit's Mom

7. Bandit's Mom

What you're seeing him do is bounce in the second half of the PM cycle to a higher AMPS and then the bounce clearing in the AM cycle with a late nadir (as late as end of cycle).
    His bouncing is reducing though - his AMPS is lower each day.

JL & Cooper likes this.
  8. JL & Cooper

JL & Cooper Member

I felt silly calling those bounces (since the recorded highs were basically within normal cat range), but that makes sense. Thanks!!
    So he likely going higher (not necessarily suspecting high yellows/pinks) before that AMPS, since he’s already moving in a downward pattern by then?

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

Hard to say without tests in the second half of the PM cycle (not suggesting you stay up and get some), but it's probable that the AMPS is the highest he is going.

JL & Cooper likes this.