? 5/25 KARAMELLE AMPS 256 +4 37 +5 50 +6 50 +7 61 +9 45 +10 87 PMPS 150 +2 233

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoM, May 25, 2024.

1. JoM

JoM Member

5/24 KARAMELLE AMPS 90 +2 177 +5 40 +6 90 +4 118 PMPS 312 +2 368 | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB
    @Wendy&Neko Do you think I should still hold this dose or decrease to 1.5 tonight. It bounced last night and then dropped again at +4. I rechecked it. The first test was 35. She ate well. I will retest again soon. Probably at +5 since i know the food will raise it enough usually. Still no symptoms, except she was hungry. Shes been a little off her food lately. But it could just be the raw shes getting tired of. I gave her some Weruva after she had eaten most of her raw meal and she ate half of that portion of Weruva as well.
    If it makes a difference, remember last time I decreased to 1.625 and it made no difference, She just stayed up high so I had to eventually go back to 1.75, then to 2, which brought on these limes.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Boy she really is hitting those limes lately, Jo. I hope you get some good advice on what to do.
    Good job keeping her safe.
    Wishing you and Karamelle a safe night ahead :bighug::bighug:

3. JoM

JoM Member

Thanks Staci. Only the one lime today, the rest are green, but shes holding her own. No food since +4 and it hasnt dropped. Im just not sure if this one lime warrants a decrease. We didnt decrease yesterday with that lime because apparently it was still the 2 units at work there. But the bounce last night threw me off.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

With numbers in the 30s, you need to reduce the dose. It looks like Karamelle has been in the 30s before. I'm not clear on why you didn't reduce then. Even with TR, a drop into the 30s is an immediate dose reduction.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A drop below 40 means a reduction. It's been 4 cycles at this dose, not much of the 1.75 unit depot left.

6. JoM

JoM Member

Ok thanks I'll reduce to 1.5 tonight. I thought she was going to hold in the greens, but shes dropped again. Definitely needs to go down a dose.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  7. JoM

JoM Member

Im not sure of when you are referring to. Ive always reduced after anything below 40 and most below 50. These last couple of days we were holding the dose at the suggestion of an experienced member here, Wendy, who said Karamelle was still working on the 2 u dose. But now its dropped again so its time to reduce because of dropping below 40.

Staci & Ivy likes this.