5/26 I WANT Y'ALL TO MEET ZEKE

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tena and Curry(GA), May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

The short story: I have a new addition to my home - Zeke.

The long story:

One of the vet techs at my vet's office called me late last Tuesday and sd she had been fostering a sweet little kitten and he was going to be put out for adoption the next day. She fosters alot of homeless kitties and does a wonderful job with socializing them. Anyway, I didn't go to meet the kitten until Thursday night and I really wasn't interested but just curious. Well, they brought out the little guy and handed him to me to hold.....OMG.....what a PURR MONSTER and so sweet. I said I would have to think about it and of course talk with Sidney about whether or not she was ready.

Sid said, "Are you freakin' crazy?".....and then we talked some more. I went back the next day and said that I would try him out...see what happens.

He was 6 months old as of yesterday.....He was born in late December so I decided he was born on Christmas Day. He has the medium, silky, brown and black coat....He's got this delicious chocolate brown tummy. He can't meow...but has a very sweet squeak, chirp and twill. When I first heard him squeak last weekend I didn't know what the sound was and thought I had mice. When I pick him up he wants to be held on his back so I can rub his tummy. I looked up info on the net and he sounds like he has some York Chocolate in him.

So right now he is in the spare bedroom with babygates and mesh over the gates so he can't squeeze through the slates. This way Sid and Zeke can check each other out w/o either getting hurt. The vet tech sd to keep them separated for 3 weeks. Sid is slowly adjusting to the new furry being. The other day she came up to the gate when I was playing with Zeke and gave her best HISS along with some spit.....Well, Zeke ignored her and just kept playing. What a good boy.

Sidney is doing better with her recent GI issues. She's eating well....only kibble right now but no eating issues. I spoke to my Vet yesterday about getting her on Adequan....I've noticed how she tentatively jumps down from the chairs and tables and now think that she may have some arthritis. Vet agreed and we will be starting that as soon as the meds arrive. Amy and Trixie's post about Mario's issue got me thinking this week. Sid seems a little more perky this week. Last night she saw Zeke sleeping on my stomach while we were resting and she for the first time decided that she too can sleep on Mom's stomach....so that's what she did last night. Silly girl. I suspect Zeke will be teaching us both alot more in days to come.

So that's the fun news from our home. I was able snag some pics of Zeke...he's a bit difficult since he's a kitten and moves around alot. I've got some errands to do so I'll be back later to visit condos.

Attached Files:

2. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

OMG Heart refill. I know it is bitter sweet but Syd does need the companionship. I hope a kitten won't be too much for her and will keep her young at heart. You are doing it right - slowly.

Glad to hear Sid's GI issues are improving. It made me laugh that she wanted on your tummy LOL. Go Sid!!!!

What a beautiful, precious, sweet kitty. Can't wait for videos and hearing about him.

Sending you big hugs.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

He's just beautiful! Congratulations.

It's amazing what a kitten can do for your heart.

4. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh Tena, Zeke is gorgeous! I'm so happy for you. :D

I'm glad also that Sid is feeling better, and eating well. And if she wants to be closer to her mama, 'cause the kitten is, how great is that! :D

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. Zeke is a beautiful kitty. I am glad to hear that Sidney is doing better. I hope that she and Zeke will become best buddies.

6. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

What an absolute doll !!!

Something tells me your purry furry angel Curry had a paw in this! :D

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, ZEKE!!!

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Tena, he is beautiful. I am so glad Zeke warmed his way into your heart. I can't wait to hear more of the meet and greet and your new family. Congratulations and wish I could give him a real cuddle. Glad to hear the good report on Sid, too. Take care, Tena.

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Tena, this is great news. What a fine looking kitty Zeke is! It's wonderful that Sid will have a kitten to play with (you too!). Congratulations, mamabean!!

Ella & Rusty

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Welcome, Zeke! You are such a cutie. Sounds like a half-hearted hiss like Willie gave Herbie. Somehow I don't think the gate is going to stay up for 3 weeks. :D :D
    Liz

10. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Tena...he is gorgeous! Congratulations on the new addition. It is so nice of you and Sydney to open your home and your heart to him.

Sherry

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Awe, Zeke is very cute. And he looks very soft.
    I hope Sid and him warm up to each other very soon. I bet they will.
    I'm glad Sid is eating better. I think in a way, she's glad you got the kitten, too.
    I love the way she decided to sleep on your tummy last night. Like she was thinking THIS IS MINE.

12. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

What a cutie! I think Sid will come around sooner rather than later. Who could resist?!!

I wonder if the Adequan might help Sid's GI issues too. I know it is used off label for urinary irritations, perhaps it would help the GI too. There is a great article on petmd.

13. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Hi Tena,

What an adorable baby Zeke is! He's going to be a beautiful cat. I'm sure Sid will enjoy the company once she decides to give him a chance. I'm so glad Sid is doing better. Please keep us updated. I've been thinking of getting a companion for Racci but unsure how she would take it. I'd love to hear how it works out with Sid and Zeke.

Congratulations on your new family member!

Hugs,
    Melanie & Racci

14. Vidya & Boo

Vidya & Boo Member

Big purrs and belly rubs! Welcome, Zeke!

15. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Tena)))).....my DEAR friend!!! I weep tears of absolute joy for you and Sid. And of course for the most handsome Zeke. Yes it is true that when a door closes, a window opens. There will always be that incredibly special place in your heart that only Curry can fill but I knew you have SO much heart and love that you would open it for another gentle soul who needs you.

I am so happy for you.

[​IMG]

16. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

What a sweet, handsome boy!! I'm so glad to hear Sid is feeling better, too, and hopefully the Adequan will really help her!

17. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warm welcome for Mr. Zeke. He's a bit confused as to why he can't join Sid just yet. She is slowly becoming more relaxed and moving around the house more. She's my skittish kitty and her last experience with Curry wasn't the best. She finally came to the sofa this afternoon and looked pretty pleased with herself.

Got a message from Barbara and Tuffy regarding the Adequan. The equine might be more effective than the canine version. One of her family members is a Vet. So I called the online pharmacy to change the order. Maybe Sid will feel like "horsing" around more after getting the loading dose. :lol:

18. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG - he is GORGEOUS! and I love the name. :D :D Congrats! and I hope Sid will welcome him too.

19. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Awww, Tena! Zeke is adorable! Look at those beautiful eyes! I'm sure he will bring a lot of joy to your home and maybe because he is a boy kitty, Sid will warm up to him quickly. I had to smile at your description of him wanting his belly rubs, awwwww.

And I'm hoping that the Adequan will really help Sid so she will feel more like a kitten too.
    ((((Tena, Sid, and Zeke)))

20. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Awwww what a cutie!!!!! The second I read that you were going to check him out, just cause you were curious, I knew he was yours :D :D I'm so happy for you!

21. tpr

tpr Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the new addition to your furamily! Zeke is a handsome fellow. He looks so cuddly and soft:)

Hope the transition is going well for Sid.

22. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Congrats!

23. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

OMG I'm in Love --Arent you?? What a sweet Doll!! Hope this will be a wonderful baby for all of you!
    Hugs & Love from us!!

24. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I've heard this, too, although I don't know why it is. We do use the equine version for Mario. I can't remember if I told you or not, but I've found Drs Foster and Smith to be the cheapest source, especially since they'll let you buy it one vial at a time...the other online pharmacies seem to require you to purchase a 5-pack. At first, you will go through it quickly with the loading dose, but after that, it does last. We've just started our third vial, and we're about a year into it. Hopefully Sid will be off to the races soon!!

25. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Oh Tena! I am so excited for you!! He is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure Sid will get used to the idea in no time. Great to hear that Sid's tummy is better too. ((((Tena))))

26. kim and simon

kim and simon Member

He's just darling! I have a weakness for black cats :) I grew up with several. They always seemed to find our family :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.