5/29 Jill AMPS 285 | +2.25 146 | +4 122 | PMPS 191 | +2 129 | +4 102 | +4 79 | +5 99— PJ PARTY!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Jill (the cat), May 29, 2021.

1. Debra and Jill (the cat)

Debra and Jill (the cat) Member

Our last post from 5/27 >

5/28 BGs: AMPS 264 | +3 121 | PMPS 198 | +3 186 | +4.75 188

I think we are looking at another increase?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yep. Time for an increase. The blues are great. Time for green!

3. Debra and Jill (the cat)

She's really giving this insulin a tough time! I feel like with every increase she goes right back to similar numbers.

4. tiffmaxee

She just hasn’t hit the magic dose yet. :bighug:

5. Debra and Jill (the cat)

Someone doesn’t want me sleeping tonight. She’s dropping lower than she ever has now. Around +4 is typically her nadir so I think we are ok. I gave her some tiki cat dry kibble (about 15 pieces), I hope that doesn’t throw her off but it’s the fastest and easiest to do right now with out causing a mob of cats in the kitchen to fight off.

I’m rethinking the increase tomorrow. Guess we will see how +5 and AMPS go?

6. tiffmaxee

I would not give her dry food unless she was under 50 and you didn’t have any hc good or syrup. It would have been better to give a teaspoon or two of 10-15% wet. Next time if dropping quickly post for help. I understand you got nervous. It happens to everyone. :bighug:Remember normal numbers on a human meter are 50-100. She’s totally safe. Beautiful cycle. Very encouraging. Greens become addictive. :D

Since you saw green don’t increase in the morning.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  7. Debra and Jill (the cat)

Thank you! Good advice. This Is the first time she went so low-especially at night- I wasn’t sure what was best to feed her. I think the tiki cat dry food is lower carbs than other dry but I’m not totally sure how to figure that out.