5/29 Weekend Condo: FUN times, DH update, Happy Memorial Day Weekend L&LL!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning LL!! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: (YUM! Vanessa outdid herself this morning: PRIMO!) HAPPY SUNDAY to everyone!

LL! It's is I, Vanessa, president and CEO of The Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! Bug and Lola, Co-CEO's of Paw Prints Pizza are open, and ready for business! They are running a Memorial Weekend Special: BBQ Pizzas! Lots of kitteh treats in them pies, tuna, chicken and shrimps! All on their signature catnip crust. It is mega good. They also have a dessert berry pie, lots of whip cream to holds it all together. So.... order early, and party hearty! I have been very busy this holiday weekend too! My special for toady is a coffee infused 4 berry frappe. It is mega good, I swear! So..... Coffee time! :coffee::coffee::coffee: For today, I proudly offer Vanessa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a VENTI Quad Blueberry infused white mocha/mocha blend with white chocolate chips melted within, swirled with a raspberry puree, topped with a strawberry infused whip garnished with caramelized berry sprinkles and white chocolate curls and a caramel drizzle.......SWEET! Vanessa's bakery is all stocked for today too: baguettes and croissants and donut holes, including my signature berry jams. They too is mega goods. I made them myself! :cat:

[​IMG]

cat-cooking-on-the-grill.jpg
    Fire up those grills!

I hope everyone has had a great week. We have been.... well, busy again! :eek::joyful::cool: As I say every week: I just can't imagine not being on the go. ;) It keeps us out of trouble, and makes for great times! I often think back on the weeks happenings, and wonder how in the world did we do all that! I know I write this every week, but it really was the same this past week. We have had a week of adventure, and fun, and crazy as we all deal with pending summer, and somewhat warmer days. And some wet days. o_O :) We have been swimming, and to parks, and to the aquarium and the waterfront park It has been a good week... :):) :cool:

Normalcy in Three Musketeerville! The kitties are all doing well, staying warm in their beds on this raining Sunday morning. All three of them hope that the sun will show soon. We always seem to have rainy weather on Memorial Day Weekend. :eek::rolleyes: I told them all that tomorrow is supposed to be 70 and sunny. Lola ran to the window to look :rolleyes:, Vanessa yawned and went back to sleep :bookworm: , and Bug just stared at me with that "oh sure" look o_O. HAHA! Our escape artist has been hard at work too. It is a daily occurrence now, three times yesterday, at least two a day on most days. We are all getting very good, once again, at making sure she doesn't. Haha, we try, we failed more often than not. Ah Lola... what will we do with you? Yes, I know.... make you a catio! I will, I swear! :smuggrin: Bug and Vanessa hissing growling spat from last week seems to be over and done with now, and we hope that it doesn't return. ;) Other than that: Normalcy rules in Three MusketeerVille! :cat::cat::cat:

:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

and for old times sake: Mannie Pics!

IMG_7195.JPG
    Mannie, the Nanner King!

IMG_4861.JPG
    Mannie's Pom Pom!

P1010475.JPG
    Mannie, at home in MannieLand

:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

Our adventures continue. It has indeed been a busy week. Weather has been ok, little rains, and somewhat on the warm side, with temps in the low to mid 60's. We were outside when we could, indoors when we couldn't. We did get a few nice sunny days too. We made trips to the pools, parks and playgrounds, and were able to return on Thursday to one of the boys favorite places, the Seattle Aquarium, along with the Waterfront Park and Great Wheel. Once gain Nicholas was able to hook up with his favorite Aquarium workers, and talk their heads off. William has also started to converse with them, so it was a great time for them both. Nicholas was also able to help his favorite tropical fish feeder do his job. He helped with everything in that section, with ALL the tanks. I love that employee. He takes time with both boys, and introduced Nicholas to all the visitors, of which there were hundreds, as his assistant. Way cool! Weather was so so when we started out to the Aquarium, but by noon on that day we had some sunshine, and were able to spend time after a day with the fishies on the Waterfront, and ride once again the Great Wheel. Despite the questionable weather, and the clouds the views were terrific. Both Nicholas and William love that ride. Friday afternoon we were able to spend what ended up being a somewhat sunny afternoon at Edmonds City Park, and Spray Park. It was great to be outdoors, let the boys play on some great playground equipment. Once they saw that the Spray Park has finally opened they were adamant that they play in it. So off came the clothes on went the swimsuits, all under cloudy rain threatening skies, breezy winds, and 59 degree temps. :eek: o_O:eek:o_O:cool::cool::cool: They had such fin with it all, and it is a good ting I carry spare swimsuits and towels in the car :joyful:! Fun days! What a great week it was. :woot::woot::woot: It has been so fun! It has indeed been a good week for the boys, and their grammie! :joyful:

Nicholas and William: The Great Wheel, Seattle Waterfront Park

P1450192.JPG
    William: Nailed! - The Spray park, Edmonds City Park

P1120895.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Hard at Work! ~ Seattle Aquarium

P1450022.JPG

Nicholas & William: waiting for ice cream... Nicholas: "PLEASE let there be mint chip!" Lol, there was.... :joyful: Seattle Bay Creamery

AWESOME WEEK in the pool! :joyful::smuggrin: Nicholas and William continue to swim on the same designated days, with swim lessons for Nicholas on Mondays and Wednesdays. Lessons continue to go well for Nicholas. They continue to focus on having the kids swim the length of the pool, working on stroke development all while having fun. They both still love going, so we do. We still plan on having William start lessons in the fall, once the chaos of the summer is over. Nicholas continues to be out underwater energizer fishie, and I often think he spends as much down below the surface as he does on top. William the past two weeks has really taken off with his efforts in the pool. He is now jumping in on his own, and trying to swim for a couple of yards. He has such fun with it, says that he loves being under water No surprise! He has Nicholas's example to follow. Now I have two energizer fishies! They still both swim together on Wednesdays, before Nicholas's lessons, and again on Friday night. Nicholas asked William to join him on our FR night swim adventure, and of course William was all for it. That is ever so much fun! I had held off on that for sometime for William, as it is a very challenging pool for those that are not strong swimmers, and after all, that has always been Nicholas's special night, and his alone. With his permission, and with William's new confidence we decided to give it a try, WOW! He has done wonderfully, and kept up with his brother! :eek::cool::cool: We have also been able to continue those post swim, before lessons pool picnics on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, often going berry picking on the nearby trail when time allows. Weather has been good then, so why not? It was fun: grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken with fries on the menu. YUM! Friday night, the traditional burger feast was on! Nicholas and I have been doing that for the longest time. It was awesome that William was there to join us. Even better that it was a warm sunny day, and we could truly have a picnic, on the grass, on blankets, under blue skies. Way cool! :cool::cool::cool::joyful: SWIMMING RULES!!! As always, we are grateful for our time in the pool. It has all enabled to boys to explore another aspect of growing up, one they really enjoy. It has just become the norm for us, we go each week, and just never tire of it. It proves to be such fun for both boys, and their excitement with it all has not wavered.
    GO NICHOLAS! GO WILLIAM !! [​IMG][​IMG]

Water tag, with Nicholas and William, Lazy River, Snohomish Aquatic Center

P1130222.JPG
    William ~ Snohomish Aquatice Center

P1130127.JPG
    Nicholas: Underwater Noodle FUN! ~~ Snohomish Aquatic Center

For my own personal time, I continue to hike the local trails here when I can: Meadowdale, Picnic Point, Big Gulch and Mesika, and wherever else I can find nearby. It is great to have such good places to go to when time permits. I cannot be more grateful fore that! Tuesday was a "free day", no appointments or conflicts, so I took off for eastern Washington to hike one of my favorite canyon hikes: Black Canyon, outside of Selah, near Yakima. AWESOME! It was a sunny day there, warm at 75, and I had blue skies to start. Things clouded up some about noon, but no matter, as the views up on Umtanum Ridge were there, winds were minimal and did not blow me off the trail (HAHA as it can be rather gusty up there!), and there were thousands of wild flowers. What a great hiking day, all twelve miles of it. :woot::eek::cool: . Elevation gain was about 2000 feet, cool on that too. I hope to go back over "them thar hills", aka the mountain passes, again next week, and hike again, before things start to get hot, like 100 degree days hot, over there. :cool::):):)

P1440544.JPG
    Black Canyon, a small sampling of a wonderful place!

DH update! He is doing well. He has been walking daily, doing his exercise to strengthen muscle weakness caused by his one month stint in the ICU. That is slowly, very slowly returning. He is still in recovery mode, and more than likely will be for some time. Home PT has also started, and that seems to be going well too. Monday he had a return visit with his oncologist to see what, if any, treatment is now needed for the cancer. His oncologist feels that, based on pathology reports, and the surgeon report, that no further treatment is need. The pathology report showed only one lymph node had any sort of cancer cells (in addition to the known tumor), and that one was tied into the tumor itself, so with the lung lobe removal, and the combo of the chemo prior to that, the oncologist told him see you in 2 months for another scan, just to be sure. Can we say CANCER FREE????? :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :):):):):):):):):):):):) The paws are crossed.

Have a great Sunday everyone! It is rather low-key here... I hope to make it outside on a local hike today, once this is posted. :woot: I was able to get a short walk in this morning, the 2 mile upper trails of Meadowdale, right when an early morning drizzle commenced. o_O:cool: It should be a semi-sunny afternoon here. I hope they are right on that one, as a beach or woods hike would be nice. We shall see!

KITTIES!! Remember: BLUE, think GREEN :cat::cat::cat:

[​IMG]

2. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((((((((Michelle)))))))))) So glad and relieved to hear your DH got the clean bill of health from the oncologist!!! Continuing to send my strongest vines and prayers for continuing healing and feeling stronger every day!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Love your pictures as always, glad you had a good day at Uptananum SP??? It DOES get windy there!!!! I could not wear my contact lenses, that's for sure! I hope you had a good weekend, yesterday was so cold!! We had to attend a Memorial Service/barbecue(wearing our winter jackets LOL)

Vanessa, thank you so much for the fabulous coffee this morning!!! You are the bestest Kitteh Barista ever!! Elsa and Mannie are so proud of you!!

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Good news for DH! Paws crossed for continued good reports. Good for everyone else too. :)
    Liz

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great report for you DH. I'm glad you have been able to get some personal hikes in. Great that the aquarium employee is doing so much with the boys. I hope you had a great Memorial Day.

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning everyone! :coffee::coffee::coffee: Happy day after a holiday Weekend. I hope all had a great Memorial Day, lots of BBQ's in L&LL. :)

@Tiger(GA) and Ruth , @Anne & Zener GA , @carfurby ~~ Thx guys on the well wishes for DH. We are so ever grateful that he seems to have beaten cancer. We hope to hear the same in a few months time when he goes in for another scan. paws crossed. He is still n recovery mode, expected I think since his ICU stay and all that happened there was so lengthy. Kitten steps as they say. Things are going well for him. THJX too on all the rest. The hike at Black Canyon, and Umtanum Ridge was really good. Love the area over there, it is s different than at home. The wildflowers were endless, and ever so pretty. So worth the time spent getting there. ;)

@Tiger(GA) and Ruth ~ Ever so true on the WINDS over there. I got lucky, and only had a gentle breeze up on the ridge. YAY!! I know on the weather here at home... cold and wet and windy. I was ever so glad to see that memorial day itself was warmer, and sunny!

@carfurby ~ me too on the aquarium. it just makes those two little boys day when their input and questions are taken with such importance. Way cool on all.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Aw....Mannie :kiss::kiss::kiss:!

WONDERFUL DH update!!! Prayers that this sort of news continues on and on!!!

As always, the boys are just amazing...and so lucky to have you and their Grandma!!!

7. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

So glad to hear DH is healing and on the mend. These things take time, but what a celebration that he's basically clear!

Always love the Mannie King pics, the update on the kitters, and to see your grandsons. Keep on hiking!:)

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    Your week sounded even busier than usual! I'm so glad that DH is progressing so well in his recovery. What great news that he doesn't have to have any more treatments and doesn't have to go back for a checkup for 2 months!!

I liked the boys' impressions of the ride on the ferriswheel. What a hoot! "Grandma, are you dead?"!! What must you have been doing? The photographs of Black Mt. are lovely, especially the variety of wildflowers and butterflies. I'm so glad you got out on a big hike last Tuesday.

Mannie's photos are 3 of my favorites. Glad to hear that the kitties are friends again. Poor Lola: her home isn't enough--she wants the world!

Hope you are enjoying your adventures this week and that your DH is continuing to improve.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

p.s. to Vanessa, Kitteh Barista: keep that marvelous espresso coming! And the jams are superb.

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Happy Sunday everyone! So sorry to be so absent from the Board, life has once again gotten in the way. I've read, just haven't been able to post. NEW CONDO in a few.....

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) , @julie & punkin (ga) , @Amy&TrixieCat :coffee::coffee::coffee: THX so much for the DH wishes. He's doing well, and continues in his recovery. it is for sure going to take sometime for him before life it completely normal, but he is happy with bring able to be self-sufficient for the most part. Home PT continues, and that seems to be helping. HE is still dealing with some remnants of the cold, mainly chest gunk, but that too is expected, with what those lings have been through. Progress is there, thought it is slow. We are just elated that the cancer seems to be gone, and hope that is what we hear in tow moths time. :):):)

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) me too on the Mannie pics. I so miss that guy, he was one of a kind. And YES, this is true on Lola: home isn't enough, she WANTS her outdoors, very reminiscent of Mannie, he did too. AT least he didn't wander like Lola does. :rolleyes: THX too on the hike photos. The wildflowers there were so outstanding! I wish I could remember what I was doing on the wheel ride to get such a comment.... hmmmm...maybe staring at the view? maybe that was when we were stopped at the top, and that car was swaying... :eek:
    Auntie Ella! You gots it! I am on my way, lots of hot beverages for the morning chill, and back with the tasty frappes for the afternoon... heeheehee, thanks on the jams! Good I think! see ya soon! ~~ Vanessa, kitteh barista

@julie & punkin (ga) - THX on all! I cannot imagine not being out on a trail. It i so wonderful "out there" and great to be away from life in the suburbs... ;)

@Amy&TrixieCat - ah thanks you! We all have such fun. I am ever so grateful that their mom and dad have allowed me to take them on so many adventures. What a blast!

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.