5/30 Yoyo AMPS 193,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, May 30, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 5/29 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...tis-pyelonephritis-5-29-yoyo-amps-155.230215/

Day 6 @ 1.38 Units Lantus

Thank you to all that have reached out to me and for all of your support and advice.....many thanks!!:bighug:

Good morning.....things with Yoyo are about the same. He sniffs his food but he has no interest to eat it. I hand him his water to make sure that he is drinking and I even give him water with an eye dropper to make sure that he is getting fluids. The IV drip really did make a difference in the tightness of his skin. I want to keep it that way if possible!!
    I still have not started the other antibiotic that I requested....really don't like giving it knowing that convenia was given on Wednesday. I don't want him to get an upset stomach from too many meds at once. Cerenia is also an alternative for inflammation....I just wish Yo could talk to me but I guess he is telling me that something is wrong:(...hopefully I can make him feel better:)....temp is still normal this morning:cat:

Hope all is well in your kitty household and that your kitty is surfing safely:cool::D:)

Sue and Luci and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  2. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

I hope Yoyo starts to feel better soon. I'm sure it's so stressful. There are lots of times I wish they could just tell us what's up. And others I'm so thankful they can't talk (Kit is a bit of a mouthy kitty sometimes - I blame the tortitude). *hugs*

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know if this would help; https://www.petplace.com/article/dr...maropitant-citrate-cerenia-for-dogs-and-cats/
    To search on PetPlace, you click on the 3 horizontal bars at the top left of PetPlace logo, it's gonna open up a menu and you'll have the Search option!
    I know the feeling when they don't feel good, they look at you and you don't know what they mean!!
    Hope you have a good day today and Yoyo feels a little better! I:bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Yoyo feels better as the day goes on. When you give an AB, do you also give a probiotic? That helps with the stomach upset. I don't think you need to give one with the shot, but if Yoyo starts having an upset stomach it may help. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Hi Debra, I'm so sorry to hear Yoyo is still not interested in eating.

I checked out the link Lyane gave you and found this:
    https://www.petplace.com/article/dr...maropitant-citrate-cerenia-for-dogs-and-cats/

I couldn't find a lot of info on Cerenia dosing for cats, they mostly give info for dogs but if it were me, I would trust Elise's suggestion.

I hope whatever is ailing Yoyo resolves itself with the fluids given and the Convenia while you wait for the results of the tests.

Sending tons of love and healing vines to Yoyo. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I answered you on your older thread.

7. Debra and Yoyo

I used to use a probiotic that I got from just walking into a vet clinic,vca, but now they changed their policies and walk-ins are not allowed to purchase anything w/o a prescription. Please tell me the name of the probiotic that you use and the dose....thanks

8. Debra and Yoyo

Yes, I saw it, thanks again.
    Is it ok if I ask you questions or ask for advice in the future(like tomorrow):joyful:..... I greatly appreciate all the time and assistance that you have given me:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Debra and Yoyo

Good morning Sonia.....do you realize how beautiful Leo's SS looks? D you know that you are doing a fantastic job with Leo?
    All I see is green, green and more green:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    As for you Mr Leo, please keep up all the hard work, I hope you are feeling better and healthier with each day!!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I buy S. Boulardii in capsules and divide them into 3 three smaller capsules and give once a day if I have to give an AB. Check this site out for more information.
    https://www.ibdkitties.net/supplements/probiotics/

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

One important point. FLUTD does not result in a fever. I battled this with Gracie for several years and an occasional cst here and there who did not have a chronic issue with it like Gracie did. None of them ever ran a temperature. A temperature indicates infection somewhere in the body. FLUTD is not an infection. UTIs are infections but I still have to wonder if this is a kidney infection.

12. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers to Yoyo, lots of hugs Debra

13. tiffmaxee

Of course

14. Debra and Yoyo

Just one more thing for today....are you familiar with ziniquin? And if so the dosage. I was told to give 25mg once a day of ziniquin. Do you think that is a high dosage? I looked it up on petplace.....1.25mg/pound or can be increased to 2.5mg/pound.
    Please let me know your thoughts.....I was thinking of cutting the pill into 3/4's.

15. tiffmaxee

Sorry but I’ve never used it. I hate the big ranges. I’ll see if I can find anything more on dosing. My vet was very stingy with meds so Max didn’t get many. If nothing grew on the culture he wouldn’t give me anything.

Couldn’t reach anyone but found 1.25 per pound from a pharmacy. So seems high but I can’t say having never used it.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  16. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you!

17. tiffmaxee

Drugs.com seems to dose at 2.75 per kg.

18. Debra and Yoyo

Wow, that's even higher. I may split the pill or just give the whole 25mg as directed....I just worry about it being too strong as he has lost wt....Again, I appreciate you so much. Have a Great Night...and thank you!!

19. tiffmaxee

I think with our older kitties less is best but I’m not a vet and don’t know about this medication. Have a nice evening as well.

20. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you!