5/30 - Zen - AM+7 90 | +10 91 | PMPS 63

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Emily + Zen, May 30, 2021.

1. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Yesterday

Zen did well overnight, but was super-low again this morning and he just puked his breakfast up. :( Just gave him 2 tsp HC to get him out of lime. Going to skip again this morning, and try again with another bit of food in a few minutes. I think he just ate too fast this morning because he was so low.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Good idea to skip. Looks like he is on a mission to go down the dosing ladder.
    Go easy on the HC. Without insulin he should be able to come up with LC itself.

Wondering if you can reduce to 0.5U tonight. Tagging @tiffmaxee for confirmation.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  3. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Thank you, Bhooma!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Zen has come a long way in the short time you have been on this site. Looks like he is a perfect candidate for remission.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  5. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Thank you, Summer!!! :bighug: I hope Susie breaks her bounce today!

Zen is scanning in the high 60's now, currently grooming himself. I probably got a little less than 1/4 can of his regular LC food into him, too, and he seems to be keeping that down. Will keep scanning and will do another ear prick if he hovers, but I don't suspect he will.

6. Summer and Susie (GA)

I hope she breaks her bounce, too! Thanks.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

On a mission also:cat::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Emily + Zen likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Wow! He’s on a mission! :D

9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would reduce to .50 as well. Good luck.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

:D:D:D

Amazing!! Thank you so much, @tiffmaxee ! .5 tonight!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Summer and Susie (GA)

Do you have any current test today beyond the AMPS?

12. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

He's looking pretty good for no shot so far! (Yesterday on top, today on bottom)

upload_2021-5-30_15-3-50.png

13. Summer and Susie (GA)

He is really looking great. I'm surprised you didn't have to reduce his .75 before he came into these numbers. I am not one to advise but this cat is very, very close to an OTJ trial.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  14. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

I'm feeling similarly! I'm interested to see how .5U does with him tonight. For now, he's a happy, sleepy boy. :cat: Thanks, Summer. :bighug:

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  15. Summer and Susie (GA)

If he is really low tonight at PMPS don't feel you need to reduce and shoot. Skip the shot. He may have already had enough insulin for his little body which might be producing it on his own. You need better advice than mine though so don't hesitate to ask if you have a question at preshot. Just put a "?" in and edit your thread for today. I really cannot advise but I am so excited for Zen.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  16. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

<3 Thanks, Summer! That would be pretty darn cool. We'll see where the next couple of hours take us, right? :cat:

17. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Again, not bad for his second cycle without insulin in two days. (Top=yesterday, bottom = today) Getting ready to give him .5U and he had some good Tiki Cat mousse a few minutes ago. Now that I'm thinking about it, I might have the order on what he should be eating in the evening cycle reversed. I think I should do AM: half can of DM, 1 packet of mousse / PM half can of DM, 1 packet of mousse. (Right now, the order for PM is flipped-- I've been giving mousse first and then DM before bed so he has a full belly for nadir.) The mousse is lower carb than the DM, and I want to give him a good meal at onset. Might give him a tsp or two of savory selects tonight to make up for the slip-up.

upload_2021-5-30_18-59-31.png

Last edited: May 30, 2021