5/31 Lisa PMPS 366 +3 97 +3.5 83 +4 77help me

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by dionysia ke, May 31, 2021.

1. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Hi. It is scary, but don't panic. Can you keep measuring her? If so, yes, check every hour and give her a bit of food to help her stay on greens.
    She did do a big drop, but maybe she will slow down? What did you give her after reading the 97 at +3?

3. Hercule's mum

I saw you meassured her 30 minutes later, and she didn't drop too much, which is good.

4. Hercule's mum

I meant what did you give her to eat at +3?

5. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

After +3 i i give her 7 carbs and now after test at+3.5 I give 9 carbs I have with 10.5 ,.Can I give ?

6. Hercule's mum

I think she is fine for now. give another 30 minutes and measure again.

7. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

Ok but I am on panic now ,what else to do?

8. Hercule's mum

no need to panic. She is in good healing safe numbers. if you can keep monitoring and feeding a bit until she is past her nadir, that would be a good cycle. :)
    Let us know where she is at +4.

9. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

Ok what I feed?keep 9carbs?

10. Hercule's mum

I usually try to write down all the food I gave to hercules each day. That way, I can look back and see what % carbs worked well in the past, and how much food, to guide me through each day.

Lets see if the 9% you just gave is enough to prevent a significant drop. If you see a big drop 30 minutes after feeding 9%, you may want to try 10%, but if she didn't drop much, stick to 9%.

if she goes a bit up, don't feed.

In all cases test again in 30 minutes

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  11. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

Thank you so much!!I feel better

Hercule's mum likes this.
  12. Hercule's mum

I'll keep an eye out for the +4 value :)

13. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

Its time for +4!!I test ,i post hear and after i feed

14. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

She is doing so well. And you are doing great feeding her. I hope that her +4 number will be still green and relatively flat for you!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  15. Suzanne & Darcy

If she's staying flat you might not want to feed her. Maybe Karen will say to feed 1 tsp. low carb? Karen?

16. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

She is on 77!!!!what to do?????

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  17. Hercule's mum

77 is very similar to 83 . Give 9% again , and meassure in 30 minutes again

18. Suzanne & Darcy

Feed her a little more food.

19. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

Οκ I give her food with 9carb .Is this ok?I am so nervous because we are on still at +4 .At +6 what is going to happen?

20. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

You are doing great. You have wonderful people helping you and making sure your kitty is safe. Be sure to put her numbers on her SS so everyone can see how she is doing. :bighug::bighug:

21. Suzanne & Darcy

I believe you can steer her numbers using the food. You will keep testing every 30 minutes and feeding her as needed. That way she will not drop too low. Don't get ahead of yourself. Wait for the +4.5 number and you should be able to see her trend. If she is determined to dive, you will give the higher carb food. And, of course, I am sure you have some sweet things like honey, karo syrup or something handy in case of emergency. I'm sure you are not going to need it though. Karen is giving you excellent and specific guidance.

22. Hercule's mum

hopefully by feeding her along the way, she will be exactly where she is right now :)

23. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Dionysia, I see the 77 now. You have a lot of people checking on you and Lisa. Be sure to put her + 4.5 & +5 when it’s that time. She should start going up soon.

24. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

Οκ she is on 85 on +4.5 what to do?

25. Hercule's mum

post the +4.5

26. Hercule's mum

Crossed posts. I would probably hold the food for this interval. Meassure in 30 minutes again :)

Suzanne & Darcy and Emily + Zen like this.
  27. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

So I feed again with 9carbs?

28. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Dionysia, take a look at the first time Zen got a green. Our vet advised us not to shoot that morning, so it's not a perfect 1:1 comparison, but it's pretty close. I was terrified, but he popped back up after a few tsp of 10% carb food. (In fact, we over-fed him and he bounced pretty hard.) I bet Lisa is going to pop right back up with the food you've given her. Wait 20 minutes between all of your feedings and testings, but keep an eye out for symptoms.

upload_2021-5-31_17-47-22.png

And below is Zen's first hypo event:
    upload_2021-5-31_17-55-46.png

Where it says 57, he actually dropped down to 37 later on in the hour, too. We gave him karo, some 10% carb food, and we even gave him a little bit of dry food (because we didn't know better than to give him dry food yet). You have tools. Just keep testing, watch for symptoms, and know that Lisa will eat if she drops too low. One of the great things about a cat going truly hypo is that they will almost always be extremely hungry, so you can control exactly what happens next with food. You've got your eye on her, you've got your LC, and some good higher-carb to help steer this cycle. You've got this. Lisa is in good hands. Breathe and keep a clear head; you and Lisa are going to do great, and you're going to come out on the other side of this much more confident in how to keep her from going scary-low.

29. Suzanne & Darcy

NO. Don't feed her now.

30. Suzanne & Darcy

Just check her again in 30 minutes and post here and on your ss. That is what @Hercule's mum is saying.

31. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

Οκ she on 82 at +5!what fo do?Feed?
    Didn't feed at +4.5

32. Suzanne & Darcy

You could feed her a tsp. of low carb? @Hercule's mum what do you think. To keep her surfing in greens? I would not give med or high carb if it were my cat.

33. Suzanne & Darcy

Just remember that there is really no difference between 77 and 82, so she's probably staying nice and flat right now. No need to panic.

34. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

Also She had diarrhea. Mabe because she hadn't tried this 9% food before

35. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh yes. That could be the new food. But you only fed her small amounts of it right? That would be very quickly for her to have diarrhea from a new food.

36. Suzanne & Darcy

What is the percentage of carbs in your lower carb foods that she is used to eating?

37. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

I normally give 2-5 %

38. Suzanne & Darcy

So you could feed her a teaspoon of that now. You probably already did that.

Hercule's mum likes this.
  39. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Lisa --

You are doing great! You're getting excellent guidance.

There is a sticky note on handling low numbers. You might want to print it out or bookmark it so. you have it handy if no one responds to you're needing help with steering the numbers.

I'm going to remove the 911. You've gotten great advice and we try to reserve the 911 for a life threatening emergency.

40. Hercule's mum

Sorry. Hercules just dropped into 38...

yes a smaller amount as Darcy suggested might be a good idea, since is the first time you are going through this and we don't really know how Lisa surfs...

41. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

You are doing great, Di. Lisa's greens are not too low but you need to learn to feed just a little with each test. If Lisa were to drop around 60 you probably should feed with medium carbs. Just a teaspoon and check her again in 30 minutes. If she were to drop lower than 50 you would need to feed a little high carb food. Big teaspoon. Also, if she does drop really low have honey or karo syrup available for her just to get her to come up. Just put a blob of it in her food. She will probably like it. They are the emergency foods that are used when there is a fast drop but they do not last long. There are others on this site that can advise much better than me. I'm so surprised that Lisa is going from extreme highs to these lows. We need some expert advice on this.

42. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

She is on 77 at +5.5what to do?what feed?she eats a lot after shot and she is not very hungry now

43. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

At 77, that's not "hypo-hungry" yet, so that's to be expected. You're doing great! Looking at her past trends on her spreadsheet, it looks like she's really close to nadir, isn't she?

44. Hercule's mum

She is very close to her usual nadir of +6. Maybe give her nothing and see where she is at +6?
    She is still in safe numbers.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  45. dionysia ke

dionysia ke Member

What to do in the morning with shot?I keep 1.5?

46. Hercule's mum

You are following SLGs, right? with reductions at 90?

If so, you have earned a reduction! reduce the dose by 0.25 for tomorrow AM

47. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Good work today on your first surfing expedition! Glad you were home though I'm sorry it had to be at night. Don't be surprised if her numbers go high later/tomorrow. It's all part of the process. Looks like you did a great job.

What's going on today, was there a memo in cat-world about today being neon day?! because it's a holiday?

Emily + Zen and Hercule's mum like this.
  48. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. She's in safe greens. I wouldn't feed her now.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  49. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

There's an old adage that carbs don't count on holidays. I guess it was true all along! :joyful:

Great job weathering the greens, Dionysia!

Suzanne & Darcy and Liz & Minnie like this.
  50. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Great job today team. You found the magic dose for her and maybe being off the ear drops is helping too. What’s your schedule like today and tomorrow?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021