5/31 Snuggie: PMPS 344; +3.5 346 (( AMPS 334; +4 184 and 222; +7.5 366

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jay Dee, May 31, 2021.

1. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Day 5 @ 6u... numbers looking pretty flat. 10 more days til his acro/IAA tests, not sure how soon they deliver results.

So far no more accidents since we put out the easy access litter boxes - Yay!!. And a few more days for the antibiotics and d-mannose to kick in. He jumped on my lap this morning while we had our morning coffee and watched some TV.

Feeling positive!!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sounds like a better day for Snuggie.:)

Once the blood is taken, it gets sent to Michigan State University. The blood needs to get there by Tuesday as they only run the IGF-1 (acro) test once a week (Wednesday). Results are done by Friday and they are emailed to the vet. Then it's it up to the vet's office to contact you. My vet's week started on Saturday so I had to wait until the weekend to hear.

Any chance of a curve tomorrow? It will be day 7 on this dose and it looks like maybe he could use a little more juice.

The link to Snuggie's last post here.

Jay Dee likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

4. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Thanks! looks like I’ll be waiting about 10 days then for the results.

i did a +4 and it was 184, didn’t trust it so I did another and it was 222. Seems pretty close given the accuracy of the meter ... Which should I report on my SS or should I average the two readings?

I can do a curve tomorrow - I’m wondering if the antibiotics are starting to kick in - his behavior indicates they may be. All the paws crossed!!

and thank you for adding my link. Somehow I keep forgetting that - ugh! Sorry! :)

5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Snuggie is looking so much better than he did a month ago. You are making wonderful progress, Jill!

Jay Dee likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sometimes I'd do a third test. :p Or if I suspected the blood drop size wasn't quite right on one, I'd pick the other. Or you can put the average and note the two real values in the Remarks section.

Jay Dee likes this.
  7. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

THANK YOU! I needed to hear that :)

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  8. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

His first reading was ear - the drop was a good size but I had to fiddle with the strip to get the reading. Second reading was from a reluctant paw pad ... he wriggled away before we could get a 3rd but I’ll get like a +10 today since he’s in good spirits.

9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

We all need to hear this! This journey is not easy and there are so many complicated issues to understand. That is why even those of us who are not able to give advice are still critical to this whole web of feline diabetes. Support can be the difference between confidence and insecurity. Be proud of yourself, Jill. This "dance" can be difficult but with people behind you, supporting you, you can make a difference. Not only with your sweet Snuggie but also to those who need your support.

Jay Dee and Pamela & Amethyst like this.
  10. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

@Summer and Susie awww thank you! Yes I am realizing what a roller coaster this is and am so grateful for the advice and support I’ve gotten here! Once things get a little more under control I’ll be in a place to read other posts and at least be a cheerleader when I can’t provide advice. Right now I’m just so thankful I have a team helping me and I don’t need to figure this out alone! :)

11. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Well, the yellow/blue was short lived :-(