5/31 Xena AMPS 299, +3.25 302, +6 296 +8 276 PMPS 281, +3.5 267, +7 259

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Don & Xena, May 31, 2023.

1. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm no expert but I would ask if you should increase again, I understand you gave 2.5 last night because you wouldn't be around to monitor but I would ask anyway

You can change your title to
    ? Should I Increase to draw attention to it
    To do this look to the right and tap on the word Thread Tools , then tap on Edit Post change it then tap Save or done
    From the Lantus sticky TR
    Increasing the dose:
    • Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
      • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.
      • when your cat starts to see nadirs under 100, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles before increasing.
    • Increase by 0.25 unit after 3 days (6 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are greater than 200, but less than 300.
    • Increase by 0.5 unit after 3 days (6 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are greater than 300.

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

4. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

It was actually Yesterdays A.M. cycle that I didn’t increase for yet, because I wouldn’t be around, but…. I increased her for the p.m. cycle last night. She was at 2.25 and last night I put her up to 2.5
    So… right now she is currently on her second cycle at the new dose.
    I discussed it with Wendy, a few cycles ago, and I was ready for the increase, but then the blue number popped up so I waited a couple more cycles, but the consensus was that she was ready for the increase. Wendy posted the same thing. You just posted here, so you’re right she was ready for an increase. Thank you for your concern. It is appreciated. Really love this community.
    If I don’t see any blue numbers she’ll be going up another .25 on the cycle seven.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Oh… and yeah, thank you for the reminder to link Yesterdays post. I was doing that every day. I don’t know why I stopped. Probably felt there wasn’t much to read the day before, but now there is so you’re definitely right about that.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

So sorry you are correct, I got screwed up about the dose
    I went back and re read your post from yesterday and know I understand it

7. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Around +4 I gave an extra small snack of about 1/8 of a can of Friskies pate.
    She is back to being hungry most of the time and eating all the food I give her.

8. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

No prob… glad you care ☺️

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The spreadsheet shows 2.25 units for this morning, which was confusing. I think you gave 2.5 units? If so, this is probably New Dose Wonkiness you are seeing, a temporary rise in numbers after a dose increase.

Don & Xena likes this.
  10. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Yeah… I just realized it when I went to put in the next numbers. I gave the new dose amount of 2.5 and corrected it on the spreadsheet. Thank you for having my back though.

11. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

And I just went to put some numbers on Xena’s spreadsheet, and realize that for the a.m. dose, I actually put 2.25 on the chart.… so maybe you saw that this morning. Sorry lol, fatigue brain over here.
    Yesterday I had to take my wife for a surgical procedure, and we had a babysitter, all set up for my son (a friend of ours,the parents of two of his friends), and at 4 AM my son comes to me to let me know he has pink eye, and his eye is crusted shut. (It’s going around at the schools, so everybody’s aware of it) so I couldn’t very well send him with pink eye to give it to the whole family of my friends, so we had to drag him with us, and of course, now I have pink eye also. I decided on the way home from the surgical center that we would stop at urgent care so we could both be seen. Luckily it’s bacterial pink eye which is going around, which means it can be treated with antibiotic drops and generally gets better in a few days. Alternatively, viral pink eye there is no treatment for and your body has to fight it off itself, and can take one to three weeks apparently. Ughh… thank goodness that’s not the case. I absolutely hate pink eye, and I have super sensitive eyes and get it very easily. If I walk past, somebody that knows somebody with pink eye… I get it, lol.
    Sorry for the rant… Been a long week/weekend.

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Ugh, what a day!

Don & Xena likes this.