5/5, Binie stays in the clinic overnight.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heike & BInie, May 4, 2024.

1. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Last post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-low-appetite-ketones-and-temperature.289599/

One late post before I finally go to bed.... I measured ketones just before Binies PM shot and it went up today from 0,5 to 1,0. As my vet told me before that 1,0 is the moment I should head to the clinic, I did that.

One hour drive and three hours of waiting later we got the result of the bloodtest. The blood gas analysis was still o.k. and a DKA not developing so they said it is an option to take her home but that I can also leave her there to stabilize. After so many hours of not eating and drinking and all the struggle before to keep her hydrated I decided, that it is not an option to take her home like that and the ketones go up even more. So she is staying over night to get infusions to flush the ketones out.

The bloodwork showed that she has a massive inflammation in her body. They offerend to do further diagnostics but I rather do that at my vet. My vet knows Binie and they make it much less stressful for her and of course they also have ultrasound and x-ray. In the clinic they also thought that it is much likely a pancreatitis. Or something totally different.

I have so many mixed feelings and don't know if it was right to let her stay there or to go there in the first place. And I am scared that the further diagnostics mean so much more stress for Binie. I feel every time we work on a problem something new comes up.

I wish you all a relaxed sunday! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Hope you can get a good night's sleep while Binie is at the vet. That's the one consolation, they will be watching and making sure she's okay all night. :bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

4. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Sending you many prayers for a safe stay overnight for Binie at the clinic. Sending you gentle hugs (((Heike))):bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Having just been through the DKA and ketone battle, my thoughts are very much with you. Sometimes a night of IV fluids can help. It might also give you a chance to recharge. I hope the vet finds the source of inflammation and can treat it. :bighug:

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Binie and lots of hugs for you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you! Yes, after the sleepless night before it was good, to know she is safe! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

thornmallow__ likes this.
  8. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you Wendy! I find it difficult to determine, when it is time to head to the vet because it can change so quickly. But maybe 1,0 was too early? Anyhow,she was better afterwards. But we have to find the source for that. Before she always had low ketones.

9. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you so much Staci! I think your prayers and wishes helped. I will give an update later... :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  10. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you so much! I hope Chip is much better. Yes, the night really helped and she was different the next day. But as we haven't found the source yet I am scared it goes in the other direction again. I will give an update later!

11. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you so much Diane! We really need hugs and prayers at the moment. It helps so much. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.