5 months OTJ Snafu

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Janet Qatar, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

Just stopping by to say hello and all is well in Qatar with Snafu. No set backs thank goodness and we still are so gratefull for all the help and advice received from the amazing people on this forum that guided Snafu back to health last year.
    He is now in great health and loves his Friskies Pate - his brother Star is doing well and I still have a resident cat living at my office. ( I did try to bring him home to let him integrate to the house but after 3 weeks of trying it did not work and as Snafu has FIV and Star has one eye and is partially sighted in that it was very stressful for the third one who is young and strong and wanted to be the leader to not be the number one ) So he is happy being the office cat :) until we can find a home .
    Hope you are all doing great .

Sarah Smith and Holly and Fudge like this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Janet, so glad you checked in and so happy that all is well with you, Snafu, Star and office kitty (is it Mubasher?). Hope things continue to go well and so glad FDMB could help you get Snafu OTJ!

Janet Qatar likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Janet! It is so great to hear from you and so glad that all is well with you and Snafu. We really love hearing updates from the OTJ kitties. Glad you still have your office kitty and sorry that it didn't work out at your house. It's tricky with too many male cats; they get so territorial. Please stop in again. Send some updated pics of your babies. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Janet Qatar likes this.
  4. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

Janet, great to hear Snafu is doing so well. I remember hearing about you taking in these cats - they are lucky ones indeed! Well done.

5. Squeaks & Nemo

Squeaks & Nemo Member

Congrats! I wish I had an office kitty at work. But then I'd probably never get any work done!

I think your decision was right to seperate them for fighting and stress reasons. Just keep in mind FIV+ cats CAN live with other cats without passing the virus. Only deep bite wounds will pass it. As long as they get along and only rough-and-tumble play fight, there's no danger of transmission. Mutual grooming and shared dishes don't pose any threat.

6. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

Hi everyone and thanks for all the replies. To Sharon great news.. Mubasher has just found his forever home after 7 months of being the office cat , a sweet lady from the Phillipines has given him a home, she is so happy with him and will take good care of him and is thrilled at how well behaved and how at home he is on a sofa :) he left our office on thursday and we have had pics of him and all is well . We miss him but it was sad at night to see his little face at the door and also the weekends would be lonely for him with just his auto feeder, and now with the temperature hitting 30c already soon to get to 40c I dont like to leave a/c on as we have had a fire in a previous building with a/c so it was great timing . To Sharon how is Colin ?
    Hi Bobbie & Bubba , how is Bubba doing these days ? My two Snafu and Star can get along so nicely they groom each other its so sweet and then there is a fight I spend a lot of time chasing them around with a water spray - is that normal ? Im new to being a cat owner . Also the smaller younger Star is forever hungry and has been to the vet for worming treatment but still wants to eat all the time and has been ill recently (self inflicted) he was found in the kitchen after he had finished eating a pan au chocolate which he took off a counter top from a closed store bought plastic container ... two days vomitting and tummy ache - he is fed the same schedule as Snafu - same food - no dry just the Friskies Pate twice daily 6am & 6pm but he cries for food and steals off our plates given the chance.. IMG_2830.JPG

Sarah Smith likes this.
  7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Janet, so glad Mubasher found his forever home!!! Snafu and Star look great. Mine will have occasional fights too, I can yell HEY!!! Really loud and they stop, but sometimes one needs a timeout on the screened porch. Colin is doing well, thanks for asking. He has been diagnosed with acromegaly, a tumor on his pituitary. There's nothing that can be done, but try to manage the diabetes, so we take it one day at a time. Right now he's doing great! I'm so glad you checked in to let us know how everybody's doing.

Janet Qatar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.