6/1 Cargo AMPS 135, 189@3.5, 224@5.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mel and Cargo, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Last time

Good morning! Cargo had an active evening last night. He did really well - despite the low numbers, I've learned that one of his signals of hypo is tail twitching and there was none of that last night. He behaved completely normal so I didn't get that panicky feeling at all. Just had a nice dip in the lagoon! And because of all the snacks to keep him surfing, he's not crazy hungry this morning, but still has an appy don't worry!

I am reluctantly giving him a reduction. The pendulum has swung in me and now I'd rather stay at a dose until it "proves" itself than risk yet another failed reduction. But I'm leaving for a week to see family and host my recently departed father's Celebration of Life and a reduction will keep him safer for DBF while I'm away.

Hope everyone is well and healing vines to those who need them! :bighug::bighug:

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Makes sense to reduce imo.
    I'm so sorry your father passed away. My deepest condolences. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Thanks Lyla. It was a rare and aggressive form of lymphoma that took him very fast. I guess that's a blessing, but still quite shocking for those of us left behind. He was only 71. :(

I am experimenting with different carb levels of food as I've been reading that maybe Cargo should be on slightly higher carbs than I thought. And so far it actually seems like he feels better and has lower BGs with the 4% stuff I have, rather than just the 1-2% and raw. So I'm going to run to the store and find more 4-9% stuff and experiment. Do you have any experience with this?

4. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

So sorry about your father Mel. My father died at the relatively young age of 69, and quite quickly as well. Big hugs to you and your family.

I have experimented with Ruby and haven't found a strong correlation, but ECID. Here's a discussion about it on the old FDMB that maybe you've read (I always find it interesting to revisit these condos): https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fdlibrary/low-carb-vs-lower-carb-t18.html#.VGZnufnF-Sp

5. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Thanks Katherine. I'm sorry about your dad too. I suppose we're never ready for it.

And thanks for the discussion link. I suppose it's worth a try to experiment, although it feels like there are already so many variables at play it may be hard to tell what's actually affecting what. :confused:;)