6/1 Darcy AMPS 184, +2.5 162 .... PMPS 225

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Not a bad start to the day (best we've had since doing the temporary dose reduction). I hope he won't drop low today as I'm going to be out for a few hours in the afternoon.

Windows are still open this morning with the cool temperatures and low humidity. Cats are loving it! Later in the week we are expecting rain (which is good.) @Summer and Susie do you have any rain in the forecast?

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

We had rain all weekend. Our heat is back on. Hopefully today it will dry out some to work outside tomorrow.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blues. I hope Darcy surfs today.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

We had rain forecast the last two days but we only got a sprinkle Sunday night. It is in the forecast for this entire week so hopefully we will see some. We REALLY need it. Sounds lovely that you were able to open your windows. Not here. Is Darcy eating better, Suzanne.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  5. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Very nice beachy start to Darcy's day! ⛱⛱⛱ Stay steady there, dear sir. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Darcy surfs safely today! Enjoy your day Suzanne

7. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

NICE! Keeping it easy like Tuesday morning.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

I thought that was Sunday morning :)

9. Liz & Minnie

Gotcha! But it's not Sunday today. Minnie and Darcy will be improvising their next karaoke.

10. Suzanne & Darcy

Lionel Richie?

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  11. Suzanne & Darcy

He surfed pretty well in the blues today... so I was dismayed to find he had creeped up to 225 this evening... actually the whole thing is amazing since he mostly eats low carb kibble (which doesn't seem to affect his BG much) or the high carb renal food (I keep trying to get him to eat regular low carb low phosphorus stuff... but he's having none of it!) Anyway, appetite is low today... off and on. I've been feeding him. I went to the vet today to pick up the lactulose. I've never used this before so I do not know what to expect. I really do think he is constipated again (even though I have been giving Miralax) so I made a special trip up to the vet today to pick up the Lactulose. Y'all promised me it would not affect his BGs! I just hope it will work.

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Paws crossed the lactulose sorts him out. Constipation can increase numbers.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

@Wendy&Neko did you see how he stayed in nice blues today with no R all day!

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Yes, over 24 hours!:cool:

15. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh, I forgot to say that I have decided that I will go ahead and take him back to the vet tomorrow. The primary reason is that I have been getting some higher blood pressure readings on him the last few days. I don't know if it is my equipment, my technique, or really is just higher. I am pretty experienced at doing the BP, but you never know.

Katherine&Ruby and Liz & Minnie like this.
  16. Wendy&Neko

Higher BP can be an acro thing too, though that was the one thing I didn’t have to deal with.

17. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. I just want to be careful. I've had cats with strokes. I see that now Mowgli is having kidney problems due to acro. I am thinking that is it really just the Acro that has trashed Darcy's kidneys. It's very sad. I hope they had caught Mowgli's earlier than I did... although Darcy's did come on very suddenly. Even his USG was still okay in January. Can high growth hormone trash the kidneys in just a few months? @Wendy&Neko It is true that excess hormones can mask kidney disease ... but that is the BUN and Creatinine... doesn't affect USG. This happened to Darcy suddenly. So sad. I no longer think that he will get better... only that we will fight to the end.

18. Wendy&Neko

With Neko, it was proteinuria that showed up first. ECID I think, but acro is hard on kidneys. I have seen one or two acros kidneys go down hill fast, though not usually that common that it's so quick. And some acros don't have kidney issues at all.

19. Suzanne & Darcy

It looks like Neko only lived one year after her CKD diagnosis. Is that correct?

20. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Looks like Darcy had a pretty good day today. Good luck with the vet visit tomorrow ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

21. Wendy&Neko

14 months after creatinine went out of range, though it was trending that way 4 months previously. Proteinuria showed up 10 months before her creatinine got high. So it was an early indicator. And USG starting dropping after the proteinuria started. No SDMA available at that time. Proteinuria can be a sign of faster progression of CKD.

22. Liz & Minnie

:bighug::bighug::bighug: will be looking out for your vet report tomorrow, hopefully more informative than mine.

Nice string of blues, and low ketones and impressive weight increase. Hope the lactulose works as desired. We are just about to start miralax! Hope it's not a stressful night.

23. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Start small. I learned the hard way that Ruby can't really take ¼ teaspoon. ⅛ teaspoon to start and then see. Hope it works!

Suzanne & Darcy and Liz & Minnie like this.
  24. Suzanne & Darcy

Did you give her Benazepril for the proteinuria? Or was she taking it for her heart already?