6/1, Susie, 246 AMPS, 187 @+2, 127 @+3.2, 116 @+4, 105 @+5, 122 @+6.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Jun 1, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-31-susie-239-amps.248033/

Exciting morning! Got up at 5:30 and was 30 seconds away from putting a leash on my foxhound to take her and her sister out into the backyard. Kali decided she couldn't wait and urinated on my throw rug by the front door. I grabbed her and let her out the back door (without a leash - and me). Big mistake. She proceeded to run through the backyard barking her head off for a good 20 minutes. I'm sure the neighbors appreciated that.

A little while later, after trying several times to get her in, I walked out with my golden and sat in a chair. I looked up and low and behold an opossum was walking across the top of my six-foot wooden fence. Molly Pop, my golden was the first to spot it and ran over and started growling. Then, my beast of a foxhound, ran over, grabbed it off the top of the fence and brought it down in to my backyard. They both backed off a second and I was able to grab them by the collars and get them inside. Now, I have a terrified opossum in the corner of my backyard afraid to move. I don't know how he will get out but I think he is going to have to go up. I really like these unusual little critters. Benefical to the environment and do not carry rabies (thankfully).

Sorry for the "loose lips". Wishing all of you a good, safe day and hoping my little friend will find a safe way out. I can't keep the dogs in all day.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow. Poor possum. I hope he finds a way out. I hope Susie slides down and gives you more blue today.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

I guess this is where the phrase "playing possum" comes from! Poor guy, hope he gets out and that Susie climbs down from her lemon tree today. Work that juice, Susie! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Carla. I went looking for him a while ago and couldn't find him. I think he might be living under my shed during the day.

5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Katherine. She came down from the lemon tree. It always takes this kitty a few days to adjust to a dose change. I was telling Carla that I went looking for Opie (opossum) and couldn't find him. He might be living under my shed in the backyard. :confused:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  6. Katherine&Ruby

YAY! Surf safely today!

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Katherine, I'm sorry you had to go back on the insulin but you are doing the best for your girl and she did go high. A very good AMPS this morning. Almost a green. She will get back there again. Prayers for a very successful visit with the vet today, and a quickly scheduled endoscopy.

8. Katherine&Ruby

Thank you, dear Summer. :bighug:

9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yes, an exciting morning!! So glad you rescued the little guy/gal. A few months ago, I thought we had a giant rat running down the fence line. I'd see it every two or three days, when lo and behold, I finally saw that it was a very young opossum! Soon after, he/she disappeared, and I was very thankful my dog (Springer) never saw the little thing. Or Tina, when she goes out w/me. I had to laugh reading your morning greeting . . . sounds like a lot of my days!

Kisses to Susie. You guys (time in CO) are doing great! I say ya'll (lots of TX time) too, lol! I do love Florida too. Have a great day!

10. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hey not a bad day for Susie today so far :) I hope the poor Opossum can get out. Do you not have a gate back there. What kind of fence is it? I guess you will have to keep the dogs from going back there until it gets out? Otherwise, I'm not sure. Do you have a trap that you can bait and put hear him (cat food is a favorite, I know). Or know anybody that may have a trap you can borrow? I have caught lots of opossums in my feral cat traps before (and occasionally racoons). They go in to eat the cat food and get caught and then we have to let them out. Once, we had two traps side by side and a mama opossum and one baby were in one trap and another baby was in the other trap and one baby was hanging around outside the trap that had his mama in it. I felt sorry for them. They all were let go and ran off together.

11. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

12. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Jan. I say "you guys" too. My Dad's family, from Tallahassee, always said "ya'll". I'm glad your pup didn't see the possum too. What do you think Tina Marie would have done? By the way, I do see the occasional rat running on top of my fence. We have several wild bird feeders in my front and back yard and that is the attraction. Plus there is a retention pond behind my house which also draws critters.

13. Summer and Susie (GA)

I think the possum lives under my shed in the backyard. I have seen them before in my backyard. I feel badly for them because this is a residential neighborhood. I just leave them alone and pray my dogs don't get them. Funny story about the two traps and Mom and babies. I'm glad you helped to free them.

Susie is slowly adjusting to the new dose. This is one of the reasons I stay on SLGS. She usually takes a few days to adjust. I just want to see some good safe, upper greens and low blues. I can live with that. Darcy is looking better, Suzanne. Mostly blues now. I hope he is eating better. I'll check out your condo once I get breakfast.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  14. Summer and Susie (GA)

Hugs right back at you, Pamela!

15. Katherine&Ruby

By the way, you hold doses on TR for 6-10 cycles (3-5 days) before considering further increases, and you can hold them for as long as you want if you are seeing green nadirs. Usually 10 cycles is long enough to know where a dose is taking the kitty. Right now you're in her 5th cycle since the decrease on 5/29. With SLGS, even if Susie sees days of pinks and a dose isn't working for her anymore you're obliged to hold the dose for 7 days or 14 cycles. Just want you to be clear about the distinction between the two methods. TR is not quite as aggressive as you think it is.

16. Summer and Susie (GA)

Yes, I am aware that I have to hold the dose for 7 days. Because Susie generally takes a few days to reflect a dose change I have not had a problem with this - yet. I pulled out my printed copy of the Sticky: Dosing Methods: Start Low, Go Slow (SLGS) & Tight Regulation (TR) and will be looking over the TR portion of it over the next couple of days. I want to see what I am uncomfortable with and I'll either ask questions, decide to switch or decide to stay with SLGS. Thank you.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  17. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Summer, great day for Susie. Good luck with your critter visitor. Hope he/she finds his/her way out. :nailbiting: You and Susie have a wonderful afternoon. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Adrienne. Opie, the opossum disappeared earlier today. I think he lives under my shed. Just want to keep him safe from my droolers.

19. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

No ce surfing for Susie today, have a good night :cat: