6/10 Ruby AMPS 77/+4 70/+9 79/PMPS 79/+3 54/+4 62

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday on Cooking with Ruby. :cat:

Got the sit on my head and purr alarm today. ✅
    Ate breakfast. ✅
    Green start. ✅

Still have not heard from vets yet, so am holding off on starting pred until I get answers to my questions. Ruby seems fine right now, so I'm in no rush. We'll see what today brings.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

The drop dose seems to be working well! Glad she is back into greenland :D

3. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks, Karen. There are days when Ruby isn't eating so well when I worry even a drop is too much, but it seems to be helping and I want to keep her on some insulin in case I need to increase her dosage after the steroids start so that we're not starting from zero.

How's Hercs doing? I see he's coming down nicely from his bounce last night.

Hercule's mum likes this.
  4. mosi_yazhi

mosi_yazhi Member

I'm endlessly entertained every time I look at your ss and see the little poop emojis :woot:

You probably know every trick in the book, but have you tried the fortiflora to try coxing her into eating?

Hope you and Ruby have a wonderful day full of greens and finished meals!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  5. Katherine&Ruby

Glad you appreciate the poop emojis. It makes me happy when she poops, we have a little party when it happens. :) The emojis are also a way for me to see if the trips to the litterbox were causing her BGs to go higher, since she's constipated a lot of the time and it must be stressful for her to eliminate them. That 80 we got yesterday was the poop.

Ruby turns her nose up at FortiFlora. I have a full box of it. Want some? :p What really works is for me to top her raw with the gravy from Weruva OMG. It's like tuna flavored kitty crack. I give her a tiny spoonful of it mixed gently in the food and then she'll eat everything that touches it. :rolleyes: The other thing that works is exactly 4 Dr. Elsey's kibbles scattered around the bowl so she sniffs and hunts for them in the food and then decides she wants to eat the raw and then it's all gone. :blackeye: This works particularly when she is nauseous. Somehow the crunchy texture is tastier, and the Fortiflora, while it smells good, isn't crunchy.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hey Katherine, I'm so happy Ruby ate well today.
    I'm happy you are still seeing those greens even though they are when she's not eating well and can see why you worry. I hope you hear from the vet soon about the pred. Give her a big wet kiss for me right on her lips !
    I hope your day is peaceful ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Still unregulated a year on....:( But I shouldn't complain. He is otherwise well, and that is what it matters!

8. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Great report for Ruby this morning! I hope you hear back from the vet soon.
    Keep up the food eating, Ruby:cat::bighug:

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Ruby is eating for you. I hope you hear from the vet soon. :bighug::bighug:

10. mosi_yazhi

mosi_yazhi Member

I mean if you're serious about sending some, I could paypal you some $$$ for it :p

I sometimes have to sprinkle some freeze dried chicken dust on top of whatever I'm serving to get the civvie to eat. She's picky as hell. Lord help me if she ever develops the 'beetus. But these are excellent tips to have under my belt, thankye! It's amazing how you give them grade A food, but they still want the ding dang kibble, innit? :arghh:

11. Katherine&Ruby

I'll DM you. :)

LOL! You crack me up!

mosi_yazhi likes this.
  12. Katherine&Ruby

I finally got a call back from Ruby's holistic vet. She agreed the prednisolone was the best drug to go forward with, and that yes, there are many concerns with using pred on a cat with diabetes and CKD. But she has seen many cats live a longer and happy life with it, and she said she would do her best to alleviate Ruby's symptoms with an integrative approach, i.e. acupuncture and Chinese medicine.

I love this vet!

So I guess I'll start Ruby on the pred tomorrow. You'll be hearing all about it.

13. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good luck with the pred and hope you all have a wonderful night :D

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What dose of pred are you starting with? I hope it gives relief quickly. SCL kitty #2 saw improvement in 24 hours. :)

15. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I spoke with a friend tonight and she has had several of her cats with SCL make it to the 5 year point—and they were quality years feeling good :bighug:. Wishing a very similar successful outcome & who knows what they will discover/come up with as far as treatment options as time passes. Time is always nice to have on ones side :rolleyes:!! Go Ruby!!!

16. Katherine&Ruby

They started her on 5 mg.

17. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Good luck with the treatment Katherine :bighug: how long will it take, do you know?