6/11 Pearl PMPS 126, +2.75 69, +4.5 78

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Jun 11, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Ok...I am NOT IMPRESSED. Something is wrong with the food, as evidenced by Pearl's BLUE numbers.

Here is what I think. There are 2 kinds of Dave's 95% Beef and Beef Liver. One is the Cat's Meow line (@JaxBenji helped me figure out it was about 0.41% carbs, which should easily work for Pearl - thank you Susanne!). The other line is in a maroon wrapper. Both are called 95% Beef and Beef Liver. The maroon wrapper is going out of production. When I went to purchase, the store had set aside the maroon wrapper for me. I didn't think anything of it. BUT the ingredients lists ARE DIFFERENT, so I bet the maroon wrapper is a higher carb count. That's the only way I know to explain those darned BLUES.

Yesterday morning, we didn't start with the Dave's though. We started with the Essence Ranch and Meadow (I am still waiting for AF/DM information from the company on it). That food didn't seem to bother her, but at dinner time she didn't want it.

So tonight I tried the Essence again - she ate. I will wait and see now if the insulin can pull the BLUE down into GREEN.

And tomorrow I will take back the maroon wrapper Dave's and get the "Cat's Meow" Dave's, if this makes any sense.

Surf safely kitties.

Yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...5-87-4-25-83-food-change.248453/#post-2802447

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

0.6% (I got your back Margaret :p...per their food chart, the AF for carbs is 0.22% so the % of calories that are carbs is only slightly higher in this case (it's not always the case)).

Sorry about all of the food math and issues :bighug: I'm sure you'll figure it all (and paws crossed we get all the math straight very soon!). Glad to hear Pearl is eating :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Thanks Susanne! There MUST be 2 different formulas for the 95% Beef and Beef Liver by Dave's. Check out Pearl tonight - 69 @+2.75 back on the Ranch and Meadow (the food you told me looked really good). So, I'm going to take back the Dave's formula I have in the maroon containers and get the other ones in the white containers, the Cat's Meow (that is the version you calculated!)

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member