6/11 Toby came back home today.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Peg and Toby, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

We went and picked up Toby's ashes today. We are still sad but we realize he is not suffering anymore. He was such a nice boy. He didn't have a mean bone in his body.

You will be sadly missed our sweet boy.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I think of you and sweet Toby every day and very happy he's home with you again. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  3. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:Peg. I am glad that he is back home with you and your DH. I hope and pray that it gives you some comfort.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:

I'm glad you've got him home now. Thinking of you, Peg.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Toby is home. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

It is a great feeling of relief when they come home. Our two GAs, Alice and Stu, reside on top of the piano. Often when I go by I pat their little boxes and say "hello sweeties". It just makes me feel good to know that they are there.

Thinking of you and your sweet Toby,

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Ella & Rusty

Peg and Toby likes this.
  7. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  8. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

Peg

Sending prayers. Toby is in a good place now.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  9. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

10. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

That's funny @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), I do the same thing when I pass my boys ashes

@Peg and Toby, I know what a rough day it is when you bring your baby home. I wish I could say something to help, but it just takes time to adjust to having them in your home and heart differently than before.

After I lost my second boy, I ordered a locket in which I put a tiny bit of his ashes, and ashes of his brother who died 9 years earlier, with their name and dates engraved on the back. It is a pair of cats in sterling silver, and when it lays on my neck it picks up the heat from my body. I love to rub with my fingers and feel the warmth radiate from it, and know that they are literally with me all day -- and knowing that they are finally together again. That was helpful for me, but I am sure you'll find whatever way works best for you to honor your sweet boy.

You are in my thoughts, and RIP dear Toby. ❤️

Sandi&Whisper

11. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Peg & DH))) Toby is now home with his loved ones forever :bighug::bighug::bighug: sending prayers for peace and comfort.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  12. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Welcome home Toby! May his presence bring comfort to your heart.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  13. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I think of you and Toby and DH often and I hope that having him home again gives you comfort. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Having them home is bittersweet. I hope having him close by gives you comfort.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  15. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

I don't have any special words to say but glad he is back home with you. Sending all the hugs I have because I know how hard this is :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  16. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Praying having Toby home gives you a sense of peace :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  17. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

It can be painful to look at the urn and realize it contains your sweet baby, but I know it truly is a comfort to have him home with you, where he belongs. I have a special surface set up with all six of our babies' urns, and pictures of them and momentos. I often pause there and look at the photos and pet the urns, talking to my darlings. If we ever move, they will go with us, and have a place of honor in our homes, as they do in our hearts.

I hope your aching heart is healing a little, now that your family is complete again. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Peg and Toby likes this.
  18. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

I am glad that Toby is back home with you. Thinking of you and sweet Toby. :bighug::bighug:

...and whenever I write the name Toby, I have to think of my first dog, Toby. I adopted him shortly after I moved to the US and he was with me all the way through grad school, slept next to me while I was writing my dissertation, moved with me to my first job, and then into my first house. He was my constant companion for many years and I still miss him dearly.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  19. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is a swirl of emotions. It can be tough to do what we know is right in our hearts, but still the loss is rough. Just imagine him basking in some sun, eating all the goodies he couldn't before. I'm sure he appreciated all the love and effort you gave to him and that he had one great family to call home.

Peg and Toby likes this.
  20. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

I'm so so sorry it was Toby's time to cross. I'm glad he's back home with you. He knows he is so loved. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  21. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

So glad he is home again. ((((hugs))))

22. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

23. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

{{{Peg}}} I am glad Toby is back home where he belongs.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Somehow something comforting about having the kids home again.

Thinking of you, Peg. And Toby.

Marilyn and Polly

25. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:(((peg)))) I hope you and DH can find some peace now he is back home with you.:bighug::bighug:

26. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad Toby is back home with you :bighug:

27. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

(((HUGS)))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.