6/12 Betty, AMPS 342, +4 374, +6 324

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Betty'sMom, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Betty'sMom

Betty'sMom Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Have you decided whether you want to follow TR?

3. Betty'sMom

Betty'sMom Member

I think I need to read up on the methods again because I have no idea what method I'm doing and what each one means to me. I thought, based on what I read, that all my readings meant I was doing TR, but I guess not.

Back to the sticky threads I go!

4. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

I was confused at first, too. You can test a lot on either SLGS or TR. Major differences are in how long you hold a dose before evaluating whether you need to adjust it or not, and the "no shoot" numbers. With TR, the no-shoot number is 50 (I think for SLGS is might be 90?), so you do have to be prepared to monitor when you are seeing lower numbers, even if that means staying up late.

5. Betty'sMom

Betty'sMom Member

Thanks! I took a look at some of the forum topics. One thing I don't know is Betty's ketone levels. I don't know if the vet took them, what they were, or where she is at now. I havent spoken with the vet since my other cat passed. I am guessing Betty should get some updated tests so that I can see how she's doing now that she's been on insulin for a month and a half.

6. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

You can get some Ketostix and test her urine at home. Dedicate a soup ladle to catch the urine it’s pretty easy.

Betty'sMom likes this.