? 6/12 Max- Lots of blues and greens. Full dose reduction vs a shaved dose- which is better for Max?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca & Max (GA), Aug 13, 2020.

1. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Rebecca & Max (GA) Member

Last post (8/4 it's been a while) :facepalm:

Every time I think Max might be heading toward remission, I feel like I jinx it and his numbers go all wonky again. However, he's been hanging in the lagoon/surfing for a good number of cycles now, and I'm noticing the reductions are coming fairly quickly.

I'm now trying to decide if I take the full reduction tonight, or try 'shaving the dose'. I am just fine with taking things slowly. I don't want to decrease him too fast, but I also don't want a major hypo event. So far, he hasn't exhibited symptoms, so I was told its more of a "low numbers event". But two nights ago gave a drop (his BGL and my heartrate) as did today! Onset seems to be hitting hard & fast, so is that a sign that remission might be on the horizon? Or is it more likely the insulin is just really good at doing its job?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Looks like Max is in a mood to go OTJ! He is a totally different cat from when you started! :woot: GREAT JOB!

I am no expert, and the 0.75 unit depot might still be at play and a back-to-back reduction may or may not work. Let me tag @Bron and Sheba (GA) who is more experienced for dosing advice.

Rebecca & Max (GA) likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would reduce the dose to 0.25 tonight. We don't shave or fatten the doses until we are trying to fine tune the final dose