6-12 MONEYS CHART amps 234 +2/162 +8/162 Pmps 252

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roxy450, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Title edit :12-6
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2802543/

Good morning everyone !!! I’ve managed to get my chart going and getting those night numbers and was wondering if u guys would look it over and tell me what u think i should do !!! I had a little scare last night but all seems well today !!!

i also wanted to know if it’s normal that many days MONEY seem to not feel good and sleep a lot !! She doesn’t act like the cat I know ex : treating me at door when I come in, bothering me for treats when I make my tea , sleeping with me etc … all things she did religiously haha !! I know she doesn’t feel 100% and she has good days n bad ones but it’s really freaking me out at times and makes me wonder if I’m doing the right thing !!?! Is it normal that she’s stopped her habits like that ?? I just want my cat back :’(

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Linking your previous thread here:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-06-amps-306-5-306-7-306.248499/

Since you are following SLGS, Money has earned a reduction with that drop below 90 last night. Her dose will now be 0.75U. Do you have syringes with half unit markings to measure that?

Give it time. She will get back to her old self once her numbers get regulated. Her body had gotten used to higher numbers and now the slow return to lower numbers is like caffeine deprivation. Once she gets used to normal numbers, she will be a new old cat. LOL.

Roxy450 and Emily + Zen like this.
  3. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Great job with your spreadsheet, Roxanne! I'm not one to give dosing advise, but re: behavior, I can tell you that sometimes the insulin made my kitty sleepy (especially when he first started to get those good healing greens), but he was healing, and that was totally okay with me. It is also likely that, as Money adjusts to her insulin and isn't having big swings, she'll start to feel better. Anytime Zen would change by more than 150 points (up OR down) in a day, you could tell he just wasn't feeling well. He only just very recently started sleeping with me again, and it's been three months. There's an adjustment period, for sure. You're a good cat mom for picking up on that. :bighug:

I wanted to let you know-- I updated one of the tabs in my spreadsheet (<-- Click) to include data from the Libre, my Freestyle Lite (Human meter) and an Alpha Trak (Pet meter) anywhere I had data for all three. You were asking about differences in readings between the ear prick and the Libre, and I think this demonstrates it fairly well. (The data is in Columns J and K, if you're interested.) There are a couple of places where it looks like the Libre got a bad reading, and that's why I always recommend double checking with an ear prick if you don't think the Libre is right. I talk a little bit about it in a little section in the "Zen's History" document.

4. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Thx @Emily + Zen

thanks for the encouragement !! I really needed it . Last night was a really hard one !!! Probably the worst since beginning !!! MONEY went from 306 pmps to 100 in the matter of 2hrs ! I was sooo freaked out and worried !!! Then @ +5 she was 72 . I locked her in my room with me and kinda forced her to sleeep with me so I could check on her !!! Lolol I also gave her sum food . Wonder if I should have … I was panicked and very tired at that point and didn’t know what to do !!! But this morning she is up and looking very good and happy soo I guess it’s a bad for a good . I can’t wait for her to feel better !!!! Hope all is well on ur end ,sorry if I’m not much support for all u guys that are helping me !! Just soo u know I do look at all the posts and u and ur kitties are in my thoughts as well!!! ❤️

i will def be looking it over and will try to do the same when I install the libre !! I will DM u when it’s time to install for any advise on how to document it and what’s important to know and see !!!! I might even try to make a video for YouTube or sumthing so others can watch !!!

Emily + Zen likes this.
  5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This post may be helpful when it comes to handling low numbers. The only thing I would suggest is that when you see a large drop by +2, you may want to test more frequently. The drop early in the cycle is a flag that it could be a busy cycle when it comes to monitoring. Money could have easily been much lower than 72 at +5. in addition, if it were me -- and I echo your concern about numbers dropping -- I would have gotten some additional tests after +5 to make sure the numbers didn't continue to drop. Given your AMPS, it's possible that Money was in good numbers or even lower numbers toward the end of the cycle.

If I may also offer a housekeeping tip. We have a particular way of setting up the subject line for posts. It helps those of us who scan the board looking for potential trouble spots to identify who may need help. The format is:
    today's date, cats name, AMPS-#, +time-number, etc.
    The information is in the New to the Group sticky note at the top of the board.

Emily + Zen likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Since you are following SLGS, Money has earned a reduction with that drop below 90 last night. Her dose will now be 0.75U. Do you have syringes with half unit markings to measure that?
    @Roxy450 :cat:
    When posting the date for each day can you put 6-12 instead of 12-06 :cat:
    Money is looking good!
    Do you have the syringes with half unit markings? It will make it easier for you

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  7. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Message me anytime! I might not be able to respond right away if I'm at work, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can. We can also plan out a time to chat. :D

SO true. Of literally almost everything when you have a sugar kitty. Chin up-- you've got this!

8. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Y’a sorry i forgot and posted then tried to edit but I wasn’t able to edit title :(

9. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Yes I know I messed up this morning !! Didn’t sleep much !! I think I even wrote 60 instead of 6 !! I tried correcting title but wasn’t able to edit .

Yay!!!!! Finally a decrease !!! I guess that means we are headed sumwhere good !!!! I do have half unit syringes. So I’m assuming I’m eyeballing between the .5 and 1u …correct !?!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If you need to change the subject line for the thread, go your first post in the thread. You will be able to edit by clicking on the "Edit" button. You can change the title that way. It's also the way you can continue to add information to to the subject line as you're gathering more test data for the day. This allows us to have your back at a glance.

11. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

I can edit post but not the title not sure why

12. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

upload_2021-6-12_20-29-29.png

13. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Ok noted !!!!! I fed her sum food should I have done that or should I have let it be and just retest ?

14. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

You can feed at shot time and then wait to test again at +2 to see where Money is headed.

To edit the title of your thread, go here, the upper right corner of this window, click on the arrow to pull down the menu and choose Edit Title.
    Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 9.13.49 PM.png

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.