6/12 Pearl bluehigh numbers not sure if Pred or food culprit

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Jun 12, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Happy Caturday. Pearl is eating the Essence Ranch and Meadow with a complication...she requires a dining companion (aka me). She didn't eat any of the food left out overnight, and this morning has eaten twice, but only with me to coax her (but she DOES like this food, that is clear).

I'm nervous how to handle this behavior when I have to go to work. But at least this is a food that will keep her surfing, so I am thankful for that.

Yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-11-pearl-pmps-126-2-75-69-4-5-78.248503/#post-2802888

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Nice green start today! :D

I get Pearl. I tend to eat more when I'm around other people. If I'm alone I skip meals. :p I know, not so healthy. Pearly-girl, eat your fuds!

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Pearl will eat on her own. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  4. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

THanks @carfurby and @PerfumedCatMom ! I had to switch to ANOTHER food this evening. This is by far the food that is most similar to the Wellness Beef/Lamb/Venison - smells just like it and texture is velvety smooth. It's the Cat's Meow Beef and Beef Liver. @JaxBenji helped me calculate, it's 0.6% carb (the "other" Dave's beef for sure had to be much higher b/c it spiked Pearl's BG). I really hope this is the food to stick. Good news - she does not require hand feeding with this one.