6.12 Weekend Condo: Birthday BBQ pics, Nicholas's Pre-K graduation, DH update, Happy Monday L&LL!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to all those affected by the tragedy in Orlando. Such a senseless act.... Hugs and prayers for all.

Good Morning LL!! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: (YUM! Vanessa outdid herself this morning: PRIMO!) HAPPY SUNDAY to everyone!

LL! It's is I, Vanessa, president and CEO of The Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! Bug and Lola, Co-CEO's of Paw Prints Pizza are open, and ready for business! They are running a Weekend Special: BBQ Pizzas! Lots of kitteh treats in them pies, tuna, chicken and shrimps! All on their signature catnip crust. It is mega good. They also have a dessert berry pie, lots of whip cream to holds it all together. So.... order early, and party hearty! I have been very busy this weekend too! My special for today is a coffee infused 4 berry frappe. It is mega good, I swear! So..... Coffee time! :coffee::coffee::coffee: For today, I proudly offer Vanessa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a VENTI Quad Blueberry infused white mocha/mocha blend with white chocolate chips melted within, swirled with a raspberry puree, topped with a strawberry infused whip garnished with caramelized berry sprinkles and white chocolate curls and a caramel drizzle.......SWEET! Vanessa's bakery is all stocked for today too: baguettes and croissants and donut holes, including my signature berry jams. They too is mega goods. I made them myself! :cat:

[​IMG]

I hope everyone has had a great week. We have been.... well, busy again! :eek::joyful::cool: As I say every week: I just can't imagine not being on the go. ;) It keeps us out of trouble, and makes for great times! I often think back on the weeks happenings, and wonder how in the world did we do all that! I know I write this every week, but it really was the same this past week. We have had a week of adventure, and fun, and crazy as we all deal with pending summer, and somewhat warmer days. And some wet days. o_O :) We have been swimming, and to parks, and to the aquarium and the waterfront park, had adventures at home too. It has been a good week... :):) :cool:

Normalcy in Three Musketeerville! The kitties are all doing well, staying warm in their beds on this overcast Sunday morning. We've had periods of the sun trying to break through, but it hasn't lasted. Just enough to get kitty hopes up, and then.... back to bed. :smuggrin::rolleyes: There really isn't too much new on the kitty home front. They are well, no one is fighting or growling or hissing, sharing of toys and those nanners abound, and life is good to be a cat. The other morning I woke up to see that Vanessa had brought me a nanner, set it next to my head on my pillow. I opened my eyes to see nothing but this nanner. :woot::joyful: Thank you Vanessa!! :cool: I of course did my duty, and played with it. :joyful: Both Nicholas and William have learned that all three Musketeers here LOVE kitty treats, and have made it their duty to be sure and get them some on the mornings they are here. Bug, Lola and Vanessa now know that they will, and all line up in the kitchen waiting. :):):):p It is really very cute, watching two young boys deal with three FEED ME NOMS NOW kitties. :eek::blackeye::smuggrin: Lola continues to escape... wow on it all. It is a daily occurrence now, three times yesterday, at least two a day on most days. We are all getting very good, once again, at making sure she doesn't. Haha, we try, we failed more often than not. Ah Lola... what will we do with you? Yes, I know.... make you a catio! I will, I swear! This just reaffirms my need to get her some outdoor time, via a catio. I really wish I was handy with the things needed so I could just build her one.... Time for the yellow pages ad the internet. :cool: Days have been warmer, not always sunny, but warmer. All three kitties have spent alot of it with noses plastered to the screens of open windows. Catching outdoor sniffs and an occasional breeze no doubt. I have told them that today we have a family BBQ set to have a celebration for birthdays from last week. William turned 3, and Erin turned 30 something as she says. ;) They know company is coming, and are ready! Lola is already planning on how to sneak out when folks arrive.... I can see those wheels turning.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Normalcy rules in Three MusketeerVille! :cat::cat::cat:
    P1460564.JPG
    Bug being Bug....

P1460576.JPG
    Lola being Lola...

P1460569.JPG
    Vanessa, the song of my people....

This past Thursday Nicholas graduated from Pre-K classes at his preschool. :eek: WHERE has the time gone.... The school had a very nice ceremony for the 7 graduates, complete with caps and gowns. What fun! Each graduate had a presentation to do, each on their own, so I had included Nicholas's. I LOVED what he said, and sums up how he views life, what is important, to him, perfectly. It was so him. :joyful: Friday was the last day of school. William was able tog o and be art of the class for a while. He had a grand time, and now awaits his turn at preschool come September. WOO HOO! We are now officially on summer vacation! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::woot:

Nicholas's Graduation "Speech"

P1470347 (2).JPG
    Nicholas, ready for Kindergarten!

Our adventures continue. It has indeed been a busy week. Weather has been ok, little rains, and somewhat on the warm side, with temps in the high 60's. We were outside when we could, indoors when we couldn't. We did get a few nice sunny days too. We made trips to the pools, parks and playgrounds, and were able to return on Thursday to one of the boys favorite places, the Aquarium, along with the Waterfront Park. Once again Nicholas was able to hook up Aquarium workers, and talk their heads off. William has also started to converse with them, so it was a great time for them both. Way cool! Weather was so so when we started out to the Aquarium, but by noon on that day we had some sunshine, and were able to spend time after a day with the fishies on the Waterfront, and ride once again the Great Wheel. Despite the questionable weather, and the clouds the views were terrific. Both Nicholas and William love that ride. Friday afternoon we were able to spend what ended up being a somewhat sunny afternoon at Meadowdale Park. William has now graduated to the "big kids" playground stuff, does the swings, climbs their stuff, and in general gives me heart attack watching trying to be big bro Nicholas. He has become as fearless as Nicholas. :eek: :joyful: We've also spent some time here , at home, just playing out in the backyard. I sometimes think they have just as much fun Playing Backyard as they do when we go someplace. Wait until Nicholas and William discover that my huckleberry plant is stating to bear fruit! :cool: What a great week it was. :woot::woot::woot: It has been so fun! It has indeed been a good week for the boys, and their grammie!

P1470277.JPG
    Nicholas and William, back yard play....

P1470553.JPG
    Nicholas and William, working the monkey bars...

AWESOME WEEK in the pool! :joyful::smuggrin: Nicholas and William continue to swim on the same designated days, with swim lessons for Nicholas on Mondays and Wednesdays. Lessons continue to go well for Nicholas. He is in his last week of spring classes, with summer session beginning in two weeks. Classes are every day of the week (M-F), and he anxiously waits the beginning of summer. Going that often will be a good transition for him for entering Kindergarten where he will be in class five days a week now. William will start, hopefully this fall, in swim lessons as well. Over the summer I will try to get him to take the "swim test" so we can get a placement for him. That reminds me so of Nicholas, who could swim like a fish, but refused to take that silly test. darn kid! It was close to a year before we could get him entered into the lesson program. Remember that???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Both boys still swim together on Wednesday afternoon, and now on Friday Nights as well. They really do well together in the pool. it can get a little crazy, but really is alot of fun for all, even me.
    We have also been able to continue those post swim, before lessons pool picnics on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, often going berry picking on the nearby trail when time allows. Weather has been good then, so why not? It was fun: grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken with fries on the menu. YUM! Friday night, the traditional Burger Feast was on! Nicholas and I have been doing that for the longest time. It was awesome that William was there to join us. :cool::cool::cool::joyful: SWIMMING RULES!!! As always, we are grateful for our time in the pool. It has all enabled to boys to explore another aspect of growing up, one they really enjoy. It has just become the norm for us, we go each week, and just never tire of it. It proves to be such fun for both boys, and their excitement with it all has not wavered.
    GO NICHOLAS! GO WILLIAM !! [​IMG][​IMG]

P1000351.JPG
    Nicholas, Down under...

P1140959.JPG
    William, down under...

For my own personal time, I continue to hike the local trails here when I can: Meadowdale, Picnic Point, Brackett's Landing and Marina, Mesika, and wherever else I can find nearby. It is great to have such good places to go to when time permits. I cannot be more grateful for that! Tuesday was a "free day", no appointments or conflicts, so I took off for eastern Washington to hike one of my favorite river canyon hikes: Icicle Gorge. I also went into Leavenworth and walked the Riverfront Park. How nice for all there to have a such a gorgeous park, and river, right next to the town. I had intended to hike over near Yakima, in a desert canyon, but temps there that day were up near 100/110, and way to hot to be hiking open ridges... so opted for the Leavenworth area, also over the mountain passes, where it was only 95! :rolleyes: The hike is shaded somewhat so much more doable. :cool: Icicle Gorge, and the creek was wonderful. Lots of wildflowers and the creek was full of fast moving water. What a treat. While in the town on the Riverfront Walk I came across a deer, who lead the way for a portion of the walk. How fun that he allowed me to follow him for a while. :):cool:
    I hope to go back over "them thar hills", aka the mountain passes, again next week, and hike again in Eastern Washington , before things start to get hot for the summer, like 100 degree days hot daily, over there. :cool::):):)

P1470208.JPG
    Icicle Creek

P1000605.JPG
    Riverfront Park, Leavenworth

DH UPDATE: There just isn't anything new to report. He is doing ok, continuing with the PT. Recovery is there, though it is very slow. We were told it would be and could take several months. All in all, things are good for him, and we believe that the cancer part of this is history. He has an appointment with his oncologist in little over a month, for another scan to be sure. Strength is slowly returning, which is good to see. Breathing is OK, could be better, but that we have been told will take time too. All in all: he is doing well. :):):)

Have a great Sunday everyone! It is rather low-key here, for the morning anyways... I made it outside on a local neighborhood walk, some me time, before everyone shows up in the afternoon for a family BBQ. It should be a sunny afternoon here. I hope they are right on that one, as who wants a wet BBQ???? Paws crossed!!

KITTIES!! Remember: BLUE, think GREEN :cat::cat::cat:

[​IMG]

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Such an upbeat, energetic condo! I always feel like I need an energy drink after reading these. Nicholas was a hoot! [​IMG]

I'm glad to hear DH is making slow but steady progress. Tell him it's okay to be the turtle, not the hare. Remember who won that race! ;)

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How exciting on Nicholas' pre-school graduation. I'm glad the kitties are doing well. How neat you got to follow that deer. I'm glad your DH is making progress. Sending prayers.

Happy Birthday to William and Erin. Enjoy the BBQ.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    I'll bet you and the family are all having a great BBQ as I write. I hope the weather is cooperating! Happy Birthday to Erin and William.
    Another exciting condo this week. I loved Nicholas's "speech". He'll do well in Kindergarten. And the daily swim lessons this summer will be great for him. I hope that William will consent to take the test. But I'm sure he will, since he'll want to keep up with Nicholas.
    The pictures of Icicle Gorge and Leavenworth are beautiful. I can't believe it is so hot east of the mountains. An old friend of mine from high school (on Long Island NY) and college (Northern NY) lives in Yakima. But I only hear from her at Christmas, so she never says what the weather is like in the summer. She's lived there for years, so I guess she's used to it.

The kitties all look great. I love the story of Vanessa and the nanner.
    Have a great week. Sending lots of progress vines to your DH.

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

Vanessa, that wonderful espresso is just the ticket for these cold rainy days. Thank you, Kitteh Barista!

5. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

What a great report all the way around. Love the pictures of the kitties. They each have their own personality. The video of Nicholas is adorable. He is growing so fast. Where has the time gone. Great news on DH. Slow but headed int he right direction.

Have a great week Michelle!

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Great report on everyone. Congrats to Nicholas!! Love that Vanessa brought you a nanner...so sweet! Continued prayers for DH's recovery!!

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Good Morning Everyone! :coffee::coffee::coffee: And HAPPY MONDAY! I hope your week is off to a good start. :cat:

It has been a busy weekend here. We had a family BBQ yesterday to celebrate William's 3rd Birthday (6/6) and Erin's, aka mom, 30-something (6/8). What fun! The weather cooperated too, with some sun breaks, and more importantly, no rains! My sons were the BBQ master chefs, with Nicholas and William being their able bodied assistants. The boys did mange to find my huckleberry bush out in the "south forty" and helped themselves. Seems too that the raspberry bushes I have also were full of fruit. so happy eating for all, along that what watermelon that found my kitchen counter. Who knew the boys liked watermelon so much. :woot: We had a great time, birthday celebrations were fun too. My youngest son Matt also decided that Lola needed to stretch her legs in the backyard.... :eek: so out he took her. She was in kitty heaven, running here and there, rolling in the grass and dirt, chasing a butterfly or two, and eating her fair share of grass. She was a good girl though and stayed in the back yard. ;) We had left the door own when she was out, and interestingly enough neither Bug or Vanessa even piked their nose outside. NOPE, not for them... ;) I have reaffirmed my "promise" that Missy Lola shall get her catio, so she can go out when I'm not home... and I don't have to worry about her.

Have a great Monday!

P1470889.JPG
    William, the birthday boy!

P1470685.JPG
    Watermelon is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyful:

P1470773.JPG
    Lola, struttin' her stuff! :cat::cat::cat: LOL, a "butt" shot was all she was still long enough for me to get a photo. :rolleyes::cat:

@Amy&TrixieCat , @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) , @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey @carfurby , @Melissa & Tarragon ~~ Good morning! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
    Thx all on the DH wishes, kitty wishes and birthday salutations! It was been a good week. :):cool: I concur, for DH slow and steady wins the race, as Tricia says, the tortoise wins. I think in time all will be back to normal with DH, the signs are there. Tricia, LOL (!!) on that energy drink. there have been afternoons where I actually do do one of those! Starbucks has a fruit variation that I really like, and when on sale I will stock up. They add that extra ZING!! I sometimes need. Those boys are more than energetic! It is hard to believe sometimes that Nicholas has graduated preschool, is off to Kindergarten. WHERE has time gone! I too thought his speech was a hoot. And very touching as well. :cool::joyful:

@carfurby So greed on that deer! that was a very nice treat. Surprising that he didn't take off. Guess he must be used to people, to a certain extent. :cool:

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) - I think Nicholas will do very well in kindergarten too. He is more than ready. The school he will be going to is geared towards the sciences technology and math, without ignoring the arts. It fits his interests at this point in time to a T. I so hope too on William and that darn swim yest! He will be exposed to lessons alot while swimming on his own, and with Nicholas over the course of the summer, so hopefully by the time fall rolls around he will be ready. After all, he does, as you say, have to keep up with big brother. Many THX on the pics of Icicle Gorge, etc. it is a gorgeous place. YES on the heat over there. it was HOT that week, though it has cooled some this week, but I know the heat will be back, it always is. I think you are right, those that live there are used to it. Me too on Vanessa and that nanner. She brought me another one last night. :rolleyes::smuggrin:

@Melissa & Tarragon ~ Yupp on those personalities! They do, and makes for an interesting group here. :cool:

@Amy&TrixieCat ~ And I got another nanner last night. haha, silly cat. How nice though that she wanted to share. She is such a sweetie!

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I love it when kitties bring gifts. My civvie Zen does that, too. Civvie Frankie tries, but she usually gets to excited and drops the toy before she makes it all the way to us.

LOVE the way Lola's tail floof is blowing in the wind. That is a great action shot!

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Amy&TrixieCat ~ Me too, on the presents. Vanessa is always carting around those nanners, I can hear her coming, she makes this muffled meow while she walks with them. I simply have to get a video of that. :woot: LOL on Lola and her tail. I thought it was cute too. In a way it reminded me of Mannie, how he'd hold his face up to the winds, and let those winds fluff his whiskers and neck fluff. Good times!

10. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((Michelle)))) How can Nicholas be graduating from PreK already??? Congrats to him! And Happy Bday beleatedly, to William. I have not been able to be online, so am so glad to read your last condo, still praying for your DH to make a full recovery and it sounds like he is on the way toward that!

Beautiful pics as always--I was in Spokane but we travel on the less beautiful mountain pass, so glad to see your pics! Icicle is always beautiful. I usually attend the birding festival in Leavenworth, but have missed out the past few years :-(

Lola--what a cute butt shot! But you need to get back in the house little girl! Thank you for the coffee Vanessa--you da bestest!

11. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Tiger(GA) and Ruth ~~ Morning Ruth :coffee::coffee::coffee: I know! hard to believe that Nicholas is off to "Big Kids" school come fall. and William enters per-school. I often wonder where time goes, and wish I could slow things down some. I know on the online, life has gotten in the way for me, and I haven't been able to spend too much time here either. THX on DH, things there are slowly moving along. THX on the pics. I love traveling HWY 2, it is such a gorgeous drive. I try and get over to the Leavenworth area a couple of times a year, and do some of the hikes they offer. Icicle is such a pretty one. LOL on Lola... she was so excited that her uncle let her lay outside. :eek::cool::cool::cool: I hope you have a great week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.