? 6/12 - Zen - AMBG 42 - OTJ Trial Day 9 - Recommendation for Possible Ear Infection?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Emily + Zen, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Yesterday's Thread

Zen's BG this morning was the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything (for any Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fans out there), so I think today's going to be a good day. :D

He ate his overnight food, and he ate alllllll of his 7am meal without me having to help him. :woot: He got to beat up his sworn nemesis (the string on my robe) already, and now he's enjoying some window time.

I just updated my tracker comparison tab with Libre info where it was available. Interesting stuff!

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Ha! I LOVED HGTG when I was a kid!

That comparison between the Lite and the AT is like o_Oo_Oo_O. Shocking that the AT never showed any of those below 50 numbers even approaching 68. Love that you've geeked out on the data. It's good information to know!

HAPPY DAY 9! :D

Emily + Zen likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Happy day 9! Loved that you connected with Lina :cat::cat: Perhaps this mornings AMPS was a nod to Simba :p

Emily + Zen likes this.
  4. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Yeah-- the AT/Lite is all over the map. I want to chart it soon. But first, I must clean my house!

I know!!! What a sweetheart. And I thought the same thing re: his BG! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 9! :):):):cat::cat::cat::D:D:D

Emily + Zen likes this.
  6. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

So, one thing that has come to my attention is that Zen has been scratching at his right ear a lot. I've been cleaning it regularly, but it definitely gets dirtier than his left ear, and I'm concerned that the infection that caused him to be prescribed a steroid (and may have actually tipped him over the line into full-blown diabetes) might be back. Does anyone have any recommendations for steroid free treatments? (ETA: For reference, it was a yeast infection in his ears last time, so I'm thinking we want to try antifungal first.)

Here are the possible ones I'm looking at:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

The Zymox Otic without hydrocortisone is steroid free. I've used it for Furball before.