6-13-21 - Squeaky! AMPS = 245 +7=263

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-12-21-squeaky-amps-244-7-5-261-pmps-168.248529/#navigation

Question: How did the Mom Cat know she was pregnant?

Answer: Her test was pawsitive.

Very encouraging to exchange messages with Diane, Tyler's Mom.

I said: Wow that is inspiring to hear the story of Tyler going into remission after two years. Diane Tyler's Mom, how do you think it came about????

She said: Hi Jan, to be honest I have no idea how it came about. I never even thought he would go into remission. I guess I was just lucky he did. Don't give up hope. I had to raise his dose a lot before starting to see all greens.

So see? Things might get worse before they get better! And good to know these things don't always "follow the rules."

Have a great day everybody! May all our kitties go into remission!

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Squeaky is a handsome boy, give him kisses for me

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. Jan D & Squeaky

Wow! He is well kissed! :cat::kiss:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Squeaky slides down today.

5. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks Carla! He didn't! +7 = 263. I wonder if it's time for an increase.

I see Furball needs some more greens!!! Just looked at the spreadsheet. You've been at this since 2012! WOW you are the catmom extraordinare! You have a well-loved cat!

6. Jan D & Squeaky

Question for you.... How old was Tyler when he went into remission?

7. carfurby (GA)

The cycle count starts over with a fur shot. It's only been four days. Give it a couple more days and see what Squeaky does. With SLGS you make decisions on the dose every seven days. :bighug::bighug:

8. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

On SLGS, you do not have to re-start counting after a FS - that's generally reserved for TR (which calls for "consecutive cycles"); SLGS does not have that same requirement. See this post from Marje about this topic - link - in summary, 7 days even with a FS is enough to see if a dose is working or not (and when in doubt, ask the board :bighug:).

With that said, since you are doing a modified SLGS, I personally don't know how to advise...you could tag Elise or others who have helped on dosing before and ask them for input; that 107 was a nice number but is now a few days ago...

Hope that helps a little bit :bighug:

9. Jan D & Squeaky

Well I was not sure it was a fur shot.... the fur wasn't wet but something didn't seem right somehow. ????

Is there some implication if the number goes low and you don't catch it and either increase or decrease?

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

He was 3 months shy of turning 13 years old on April 29th.
    Went into remission on 1-24-21

11. Jan D & Squeaky

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've given me hope. Squeaky is 13 almost 14.

12. carfurby (GA)

If you don't count a fur shot, I'd say you should probably increase the dose. The 107 was five days ago. His other nadirs are in the increase the dose range.
    It's really best to just go by the numbers you do get. Everything else is just a guess. However, if he had gone lower and you didn't catch it, and you increased the dose, he'd just earn a reduction.

13. Jan D & Squeaky

Wow Carla thanks for your answer.

Yes I get that, I didn't write my question clearly. If a cat goes low (and we know or don't know it), and the dose remains unchanged. Is there something really unhelpful about that? Like, maybe it makes their chances of change worse, or we miss some kind of opportunity. Thanks Carla!!!!!!!

14. carfurby (GA)

If you don't catch a low number, you could miss a chance to reduce the dose. However, if Squeaky is going to earn a reduction he'll give you another low number. Also if you aren't catching low numbers, you may think you need to increase when you don't really need to. But he'll just earn the reduction and go back down in dose.

15. Jan D & Squeaky

Well that's the way I was thinking. It is logical..... more like the general trend is important than just one number. Good. So we can just keep an eye on him. No need to worry if we miss one time. Great. Thanks for your explanation.