6/13 Pearl PMPS 60, +1.75 76, +3.25 81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Jun 13, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Just when I thought I had it sorted out, the food experiments continue.

Pearl like the Essence Ranch & Meadow (great for her BG), but not enough to eat consistently when I am not around. She looooves the Cat's Meow Beef and Beef liver and will wolf it doesn any time, any place (supposedly great for her BG if we only consider carbs, 0.6%).

But yesterday night and AMPS today were funky. I can't blame it on the Prednisolone, since this is not her usual pattern. So I am wondering the if Cat's Meow set her numbers high (if so, it has to be from an ingredient that I can't make out - no fish, no grains, no chicken - so, ODD). So today I am trying to mix the two foods and see I can get Pearl to just relax on her floaty in the lagoon.

Happy surfing kitties.

Yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-if-pred-or-food-culprit.248531/#post-2803222

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Good luck with the food experiments. I hope you find that perfect mix of food that is great for the BG AND tasty enough for Pearl to eat when you are not around. Food is definitely an ECID thing (what isn't an ECID thing...I want to know!!!). Beef makes Butters's numbers increase.

Have a wonderful day.

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Margaret I hope you can find the right combo of food that pearl will like .♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Margaret (and Pearl)

A-ha! I wonder if you've hit the nail on the head, Lyla. Pearl's "normal" food that keeps her stable is a Beef/Lamb/Venison combo. The food that seems to drive her BG up is an only-beef recipe.

I wonder if the MIX is what is necessary here. I am mixing today the beef with a beef/pork/venison recipe, and so far have better results. How weird would it be if the ALL-beef is the problem, but a beef MIX is ok?!

Thanks!

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  5. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thank you Diane!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the food experiment. I hope Pearl keeps eating on her own.

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  7. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks Carla!

8. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Wow, nice PMPS for Pearl for all of your food experiments! Hope the beefy mix works for Pearl. Ruby loves beef too. :bighug:

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.