6/13 Ruby 3rd day of pred AMPS 147/+2 85/+4 69/+9.5 88/PMPS 103/+2 78/+4 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday on Love in the Time of Ruby. :cat:

President of the kitty clean bowl club. ✅
    Chittered at the window when we got visits from Mr. and Mrs. Mourning Dove. ✅
    Got the "purring like a lawn mower right next to my face" alarm this morning. ✅

Today is Ruby's 3rd day on prednisolone. Her numbers started to climb yesterday so I increased her dose to .1 unit. This morning's AMPS has me very worried as she will only go up from here. Ruby, however, does not seem to notice the numbers and seems to be feeling more like herself, so that is what I need to focus on right now.

Have a great Sunday, all.

2. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

100% Katherine :bighug:…..Ruby feeling the absolute best that she possibly can is what matters. You have the tools to address the glucose.

Have a nice Sunday enjoying watching Ruby feeling well :)!!

3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy to hear that Ruby is feeling well and eating. As Tomlin said, that is what matters.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  4. Katherine&Ruby

I realized that I forgot to give Ruby her pred this morning with her morning shot. :banghead: So I pilled her about 1.25 hours afterwards. The 85 tells me that the insulin is still working at least, but I will likely miss the tamping effect of onset on the pred that will be happening/ending soon. Gah!

5. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. The effects of the Pred on glucose are not always the same/predictable with respect to timing or even the actual impacts on the glucose from one day to the next. So, I wouldn’t worry about it too much :bighug:

6. Katherine&Ruby

Yeah, you’re right. It explains the higher readings I got last night after I thought the effect of the pred was waning. So unpredictable.

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Reading that Ruby is feeling good and eating good makes me very happy! This is wonderful news and definitely what matters the most. Also very nice to see her right back in the lagoon after being at 147 this morning:D.

8. Katherine&Ruby

+4 = 69. Three hours after pred. I can see that the pred is going to be a total wild card. Sigh. Going out for the afternoon to see my mom. Stay steady for me, sweet pea! :kiss:

Marina & Chico likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When to give pred will definitely be an experiment. Call this morning's timing on dosing a chance to gather more data. :bighug:

10. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Very nice :bighug:. With time you will most likely be able to find a general trend like we have with T, but there still will be days when the timing or effect is different ….and that is ok :). As the intestines become less inflamed and the immune system continues to be kept in check with treatment, hopefully, it will help to reduce insulin resistance and, to some extent, cancel out some of the effects on the glucose.

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine, hearing that Ruby is eating ,chitteted at the doves and purring like a lawn mower is a great sign that she's feeling good. She's a tough girl, she will be ok.
    You are doing a great job Katherine. Wonderful to see those greens today.
    Enjoy your visit with your mom ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Healing hugs and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Ruby is feeling good. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

When have any of our cats made anything easy on us? So glad she's feeling better :)

15. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today :cat: hope pred won’t be doing it more complicated than this :) it’s nice to hear Ruby is doing well, this is the most important :)

16. Kathy and tiger

Kathy and tiger Well-Known Member

Sweet Ruby, stay safe so mama can see grandma!:bighug:

17. Katherine&Ruby

+9.5 = 88. Wondering if Ruby will be able to stay green for the rest of the day. Just fed her a little snack. Go Mr. Pancreas, do your magic! :woot:

18. Katherine&Ruby

Squint and that PMPS could be green. ;) Hopefully the boost in the insulin dosage today will help push the numbers lower than they were last night. Still eating well and being a good cuddle monkey. :cat:

Katherine, they're just numbers and Ruby doesn't know the difference.<--current mantra :p