6/13, Susie, 334 AMPS, Okay to Increase Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Jun 13, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's possible she is dipping lower at night. If you are able to get one more night cycle test in it may give you a better idea of what is going on. :bighug:

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

That sort of occurred to me but with her new nadir around +3, and the 257 she got last night at +2, I didn't think she was going to go low enough to cause a bounce.

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

She fell from 230 to 152 at PMPS+2 on 6/11. Could have gone lower. It's possible she sees the occasional cycle like the AM cycle of 5/11 at night.

5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Bhooma. I did not check after the 152 because of her earlier nadir. It never occurred to me that in one hour she could have gone low enough to be a concern. I guess I should try to get a +2 and a +4 or +5. Hate to get up later at night if she is hitting her nadir at +3.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would have gotten another test that night.

8. Summer and Susie (GA)

Do cats nadirs fluctuate between the daytime cycle and the nighttime cycle? Aren't nadirs pretty slow changing or can they change quickly? Just wondering is Susie could be nadiring around +3 during her daytime cycles but coming later during her nighttime cycles?

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I hope you will see some blues and greens today Summer :bighug::cat:

10. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Diane. I hope you are having a nice, quiet Sunday.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Nadirs can and do fluctuate from cycle to cycle and day and night both. That’s why it helps to move around the test times and try and catch the lows.

12. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Elise.

13. Summer and Susie (GA)

Do you think I should increase tomorrow morning? I will get a +2 and a +5 tonight just to make sure but I still think she needs more juice and tomorrow will be day four.

14. Summer and Susie (GA)

I have not seen anything to indicate that Susie is going lower (or too low) at night. She needs an increase and I will take it from here. Will increase tomorrow morning but I doubt I will be getting up at +5 to test. Do you really think I need to?

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I see six hours + of blank white space in the spreadsheet at night. No idea what is going on then. Two nights ago I would have gotten a later test. With blue nadirs, you hold the dose 6-10 cycles. I did longer if lower blues. Could have been that two night ago?

16. Summer and Susie (GA)

I haven't been testing at night because she has been so high. Are you saying that I should hold this dose? I got a blue nadir yesterday at +3. Everything else seems to have gone downhill. I just don't know what to do but feel an increase is called for.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021