6/13 Yoyo AMPS 279

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 6/12 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-12-yoyo-amps-305.230859/

Day 3 @ 1.75 Units Lantus

Good morning.....Yoyo seems to have had a better night; I did not see urine on floor but I was getting up and placing him in his litter box to help him.....he did get up early this morning and took water by himself:)....I gave Yo cerenia again yesterday, not sure if it helps but I think I notice some changes when I give him cerenia......I have buprenorphine oral to give Yoyo.....it is from last year when he started making those strange- twitching faces and vet thought perhaps it was from tooth pain....I never used it but I still have it...vet said that it will make him more sedated so she wasn't sure that was a good idea at this time.....I am picking up prednisilone today to give at my discretion to relieve pain/infalmmation & to increase appetite.....I know it will raise his BG levels....I'm holding off on the pred until I feel it is needed.

This morning Yo did let me finger feed him again:), yesterday he wouldn't open his mouth and I had to syringe feed him. Lets pray that today is a better day for Yoyo....I am praying with all I have.

I can't Thank You all enough for all your well wishes and kind words and I want to thank Jamie @Bellasmom for once again assisting me with giving Yoyo his fluids. Always nice to have a happy - kind face helping you...Thank You Jamie!!!!!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful day being with your Kitty's and loved ones....stay safe, be well and enjoy the day inspite of what it may throw your way.... don't get upset over the little things when there are much bigger things to get in the way:bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry Yoyo is going through this. Has your vet been able to determine a cause for the seizures? There is an FB group for cats with seizures and epilepsy called Epi-Felines that might be helpful (my non-diabetic cat Pixie had seizures for about a year, due to severe constipation). I hope things improve for Yoyo. :bighug:

3. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you so much for the info....I will definitely look into the FB group.....I was told that it could be a lesion in the brain....but I have heard different responses on this site with more promising outcomes including your's which was due to severe constipation....thank you for giving me more hope:bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Debra and Yoyo

I am sorry to bother you and I feel really dumb asking you this ....but can you tell me where the group is located?

5. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

It’s no bother! If you are on Facebook, search for Epi-Felines and the group should show up. The full name includes (For Owners of Cats With Epilepsy or Siezures). There is an associated Yahoo group, but I can’t get it to open on my phone browser, so I’m not sure if it is still active. That group is http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/epi-felines/.

6. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you....I'm embarrassed to say that I thought "FB" meant Feline Board on this site....I don't use Facebook too often, obviously noted....thanx again!!:bighug:

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Praying continually for you and Yoyo! I still feel hope . . . the fluids may be helping. Could Yoyo use some Glandex? I've been giving 1/8 tsp daily and it has worked very well for Tina (beef liver flavor she likes in her food). Dumb me watched her bend sideways trying to go, then scoot off the poop, and I thought her spinal arthritis was worse. Took her to the vet, and she had her anal glands expressed, then I started Glandex . . a few weeks ago.

I just keep dreaming and hoping to find something to help. Sure never heard of a connection between constipation and seizures.

Have the best day possible ok?!?! Be careful driving; calming and healing vines flying to you;)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Debra and Yoyo

Morning...is glandex for anal gland issues? If so, he seems fine in that department:)

Any thoughts on starting the buprenorphine?

I'll leave soon for the vet after Yo has his +4 reading....I'm funny, like he's going to be low;)....but this way I take him with me for the ride....he really likes it and he looks more alert in the car....I hold him while my sister does the driving.....Love my sis, she is the best thing that my mom gave me....You have a good day too and give everyone :bighug:from Yo:cat: and me:)

9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad Yo isn't constipated. Maybe I should stop advertising Glandex, lol! Erin shared the info on the seizures/epilepsy group, then said Pixie, her civvie had seizures due to severe constipation . . . my mind jumped to that being part of the situation with Yoyo. I'd seen some comments about not pooping on his SS:smuggrin:

And I'm wishing you relaxation; need to take my own advice! Makes me smile hearing about a car ride with your dear sister and Yo.

So, to you all :bighug::):cat::):bighug::):bighug:

I have never used "bupe" I asked the vet about it - a tiny dose for Tina, to replace something else I don't like talking about (Metacam), and she just went on about how even a tiny dose would keep her practically immobilized. She only wants to give it for extreme situations. However, I've read here that some people DO get it under less extreme situations, and it works well. Since you have some . . . I just don't know! I hope others know better.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Debra - I think of you and Yoyo every day! Sending strong healing vines your way! I do hope you find some answers soon!

Please take some time for yourself - stress and anxiety don't help us to focus on troublesome issues! Try to step back and do something that you find relaxing.

As for me, I'm going shopping...just gotta get outta here for a bit.

Take care....:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

My experience with bupe is that vets prescribe a dose that is normally too much for a cat. I usually have to lower the dose a bit. It is trail and error. Did they give you a vial where you can draw your own dose? You can tell it's too large of a dose if it makes them high. I had a civvie sit on a cushion on the floor and just look around while her eyes were really big. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

13. Debra and Yoyo

Yes, there is a vial to draw up the dose. When I got it a year ago, Marje advised me to give a smaller dose. I'm just hesitant because I don't want to make him more immobile or high, he has enough issues going on. I wonder why they would prescribe something so strong to kitty's who can't tell you how he or she feelso_O

14. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Debra, just want you to know we're thinking of you and Yo and sending a gazillion more positive healing vibes. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Also, I'm so glad you have such a sweet sister willing to be your driver so you don't have to leave Yoyo at home. :bighug:
    And Jamie, helping out again, such a sweetie pie!! :bighug:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think most of the time bupe is prescribed it is just for a couple of days and the vet is more worried about the kitty being in pain than being high. If you try it, I'd try a smaller dose. It's better to work you way up than down.

16. Debra and Yoyo

I wish there were answers.....I just don't know....I want to keep giving the fluids to see if he improves, I do see improvement for awhile and then he declines again. When he urinates it takes a lot of strength out of him and he urinates a very full bladder. I don't know where all the fluid comes from. That is the problem along with the low RBC.....He is losing too much fluid and not intaking enough!!

I hope you had an enjoyable day!!
    Take care of yourself out there in this scary world:bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  17. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member