? 6/14 Jocke, AMPS 112 (NS), +4 125 (When to start trying for remission?)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Astrid & Jocke, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Astrid & Jocke

Astrid & Jocke Member

I haven't posted in a long while, Jocke has been doing good and has had great numbers except for a few weeks where he was under a lot of stress and I believe the Insulin went bad. Once we started the new vial, his numbers were great agin.

I am posting to get some guidance on remission. His numbers have been low and I'm down at 0.25U twice a day (Spreadsheet is here). How do I know when to try to get him in remission, and at which number should I be shooting again?

Thank you so much in advance!
    Astrid & Jocke

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I can't give dosing advice but Jocke is looking good. They might tell you he needs a few more greens under his belt to create a stronger remission but wait until you hear from the pros.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He’s looking good but not quite ready for an OTJ trial. He didn’t stop under 90 so didn’t earn the reduction to .25 either. Since he’s doing well on .25 I would continue with that unless he drops under 90. You might want to try a snack at +9 to bring down the preshot. For a strong remission we want him mostly green under 100. I’d also set an alarm to see if he’s dropping lower at night when you see a green before bed test.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

As Elise said, he's looking good, but not quite ready for the next step. Here's a post that might help: Reminder: *earning* reductions and starting OTJ trials

I think you also need to start getting used to shooting some of those low blue preshots. Once you've got the data and experience to do so, and you can monitor, you can shoot anything over 90 on SLGS. He needs to spend some more healing time in those upper greens. I wouldn't want to see much over 120. Shooting low numbers typically means very flat cycles.