6/14 Luna AMPS 104, +3 243, +6 298, PMPS 279

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by For_Luna, Jun 14, 2019.

1. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

An unexpected start to the day. Shot the full 0.75u. I know a few people said we need to increase to 1u, but we're picking up a new Lantus pen this afternoon to replace our 5 month old pen, and my wife wants to see if there's any difference before increasing. If there's not, we're both 100% on board with increasing according to TR protocol moving forward.

2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

What a nice start for Luna! Good idea, you'll see with the new pen!

For_Luna likes this.
  3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Nice blue start for Luna today! :cool::cool:

Since Luna shows patterns of switching between high and low AMPS BG levels I think she might be going really low in the evenings and then bouncing up. You have been really good for the most part to get before bed tests but I think it is important to get a before bed reading from Luna every night in case she’s dropping low quite fast.

I’m interested to see how the new pen works!! Good luck with it!

Have a great Friday :D

For_Luna likes this.
  4. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Yeah, I didn't see this coming and was dumb thinking I could predict what she would do. I caught a 120 point drop in 3 hours on 5/24 right before bed. She proceeded to keep dropping 10 every hour until I freaked out at 50 and gave her a drop of Karo and her HC glycobalance. But she was 194 at PMPS, so I suspected something might happen. Usually, there's rarely much movement when I test at night. She showed me...

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Lol! Predictable until they’re not!!!

I think everyone’s kitty likes to teach them to expect the unexpected at some point on this journey :p

Most cats go much lower at night, Mowgli will have completely yellow days then at night I’ll end up with blues and greens and have to stay up testing... annoying but worth it ;)

Sonia & Leo likes this.