6/14 Perry AMPS 164

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Perry & Jenn, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Perry has made it through the night without a 4am wake-up call for more food several times this week, which is nice for getting a fasted amps ... though the other morning, his ears were too chilly and I couldn't get a good drop. Still working on that! Ten thousand times to mastery, right? (It's so much easier to be positive when we have a good morning with this guy.)

Thanks once again for all of the terrific advice last week from all.

AmandaE likes this.
  2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Nice blue for Perry!!! Jen, have you tried a small sock filled with rice and warmed in the micro-wave? Or a warm face cloth? :)

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  3. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

No, and these are both things I already have on hand, so I'll try that. Thanks! :) I've seen a lot of other ideas, but this one sounds like it could work with him. I'm finding I have to be quick to get the amps done, because when he's hungry, he doesn't sit still!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

For testing, I put a damp baby washcloth in a ziplock baggie, microwave a few seconds; make sure temp is ok on your wrist; then massage ear with it. When I got my Ti-Mousse, his ears had been so badly frozen, they were hard and curled up and small parts had fallen!:( I had so much problems to have blood at the beginning; I tried many thinks and that solution is the one that worked for me! Hope it does for Perry!:)

Perry & Jenn, AmandaE and Sonia & Leo like this.
  5. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Great start for Perry today!! He must know it’s Friday!!

Hope you guys have an awesome day and that Perry’s eats learn to bleed for you soon!! (The weird things that diabetic cat caregivers wish for :p)

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  6. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Poor Ti-Mousse! When I'm frustrated, I'll try to remember that you learned to do this with a cat with frostbitten ears. That's amazing.

I started putting a dab of neosporin on Perry's ear before I start and that has definitely helped. But it's definitely been easier later in the day when it's warmer. (We won't have these cool mornings much longer, I suspect, but this is still really good practice for winter.)