6/14 Tiger PMPS 286,+2 252,+4 201

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and tiger, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Kathy and tiger

Kathy and tiger Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Down to GREEN last night! YAY!
    Riding a bit of a rollercoaster again but at least I have a possible reason--his ears.
    I am cleaning with Vetoquinol AM and treating with Pyrethrins PM. I hope that is enough! Paws crossed!
    Shifting earlier is working well so far:coffee::) Got AM chest love 2 mornings in a row now.

Hope and hugs to you all:cat:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yay for loving and nice green overnight:D.

I somehow missed that Tiger is dealing with ear mites. Poor him and poor you:bighug:. I hope the ear drops and cleaning is working to get the situation under control and that he feels better soon. Sending lots of healing thoughts his way:bighug:.

Kathy and tiger likes this.
  3. Kathy and tiger

Thank you Lyla!
    He wouldn't let me clean his ears today! I hope he will let me put the pyrethrins in!
    I feel bad for him and for Butters:blackeye: I hate having my ears messed with!
    Hugs back to you all...:bighug:

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Is anything else bothering him Kathy? I cannot understand this turn in his numbers! I would like to think it's the ear mites.

5. Kathy and tiger

His ears are really bothering him. I think it is that but I don't know what more I can do...
    He hid from the cleaning today so I let that go. I am hoping I can get the Pyrethrins in tonight!
    I guess I should hold the dose another day at least and see what happens?
    So happy to have your advice:bighug:

6. Bandit's Mom

You don't want to take him to a vet and get them looked at?

You've held this dose 6 cycles. I think you can take him up tomorrow morning.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Bandit's Mom

I think a vet can give him a shot of ivermectin for the ear mites. Mine was reluctant to, though. She's not a fan of medicating senior cats if that can be avoided. When the Advantage/Advocate didn't work (the mange came back within 15 days or so), she asked me to wait and try Revolution and if that failed she would give the Ivermectin shot.

Because we had to wait 3 weeks between the Advantage and Revolution and the mange spread really badly all over Budge's body and she was scratching/licking herself bald! The Revolution worked like a charm, though. We kept her on it for 4 or 5 months.

Is Pyrethins safe for cats? Does it work for ear mites or only fleas? I don't know...am thinking aloud. Wondering if that is causing the higher BGs. Let me check with Dr. Google!
    The reason they recommend a gap between spot-ons is because they are strong and there is only so much of those pesticides you want to subject a cat to at a time.

8. Kathy and tiger

It is extremely stressful for him to even get into the carrier so I don't know about taking him in. I will consider it though.
    Tomorrow is his 16th birthday!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Kathy and tiger

Our vet uses Revolution for mites. It is one more week before it has been 3 weeks since I applied the Ad Multi. His numbers were already going up before I started the treatment.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Kathy and tiger

Ok we were able to get the drops in his ears. Day 3 of the treatment while we wait for Revolution time! Wish I had just put the Revolution on him instead of the Advantage...arrrggghh:banghead:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Bandit's Mom

I had the same thought last year! :)

Kathy and tiger likes this.
  12. Kathy and tiger

Thank you!
    I guess we will increase tomorrow.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  13. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

:arghh: I empathize. I am taking Butters outside on her harness to clean her ears on the back porch. The ear cleaner smells very perfumey...so gross. She tolerated the cleaning two days ago, but today she acted like the world was ending so it turned into a battle. I hope Tiger's ears feel better soon and that he lets you do what you need to do:bighug:.
    And happy 16th birthday to tiger and many, many more!:cat:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  14. Kathy and tiger

POOR BUTTERS! LOVE AND KISSES LITTLE FURRY ONE! Please let your mommy clean 'em!
    Tiger's brother Leo(GA) would go out on a harness whenever he got the chance. Tiger is a scardey cat and doesn't even want a collar!
    He did let us put the med in last night and it seems to help right away. And he seems to feel better this morning-ears are less sensitive. Yay!
    :bighug:Lyla

Butters & Lyla likes this.