6/15 George AMPS 137, 53 @ +3.5

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hshray, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

George is doing his thing again, 53 at am +3.5 and devouring his regular food. Will test him again at +3.75 to make sure the regular food is still helping on its own.

Edit - 57 BG at +3.75. He’s still eating. Will check again at +4 just to be sure.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh he is so perfect right now!

What's your feeding schedule from AMPS to +4 ish? Wondering if we can ease that early drop

Hshray likes this.
  3. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

I feed him at shot time and then leave watered down pate out for him to graze on throughout the day until two hours before pmps. He always eats at least some at shot time, but it becomes really noticeable when his numbers are dropping because that’s when he really starts to go back to his bowl to eat a ton. I wonder if I should maybe put a little tuna (his favorite) on his food at shot time so he eats more then? Or I could try to give him a snack at +2ish or +3.

4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

If he's free fed I would leave it be then, I thought he was just couldn't remember. A snack at +2 or a little sooner might help, but probably not worth the extra hassle since he's already doing what he needs to

Hshray likes this.
  5. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

Well shoot, looks like that quick drop spiked him again today.

6. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I was thinking that might happen. Based on your notes, it sounds like he eats after he's dropped sort of low?

He onsets so early, I'm actually thinking perhaps limit the AMPS to 1-2 tbsp, then nothing til +2. Hopefully that would encourage him to eat around +2 and maybe hold off that dive a little bit. Downside is you did have that one cycle where he was already green by +2. I'd say go with your gut, I think you have a good feel for this.

He's definitely bouncing less and less, and preshots are coming down (minus bounces), so hopefully those dives become less of a thing.

Hshray likes this.
  7. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

I will try that and see what happens…or at least maybe start by trying to feed more at +1 and adjust from there…worth a shot to see if it can help level him out a little bit more.

FrostD likes this.