6/15 Toeby AMPS 167, +2 101, +3 67, +4 61, +5 68, +6 68, +7 77, PMPS 135, +2 157, +4 185.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laurasboyz, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Keep a close eye on him this morning. That blue is great but the fact that his appetite is not good could be worrisome. Especially if you have to feed low numbers. Do you grow your own catnip? Wishing you the best today for your boy.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  3. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Yes, agree with everything - I thought about calling the vet for one of their same day emergency appointments (the only way to get in these days) but I don't want to panic.
    He's eating, just not with a lot of vigour, but his non-diabetic brother's appetite has slacked off a bit too and I use him for a bit of a barometer.

Yes, I grow catnip for the boys, but unfortunately some of the free roaming neighbourhood cats killed my plant by rolling on it last year.
    I picked up three pots at a greenhouse yesterday and will plant it in different areas this year.
    I'll put two in the ground, and pot one up high where it can't get reached by furry intruders.
    Cats love fresh catnip as much or more than the dried stuff, and it's easy to grow.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Funny that the ferals killed the plant by rolling on it but that would be expected. My Susie likes to roll in catnip, too. Might have to look at getting a few plants from my local nursery. Susie loves to chew on "fake" plants and it always makes her sick so might offer her a special catnip plant to chew on. I'll have to check out how much they can have or she might eat so much she gets sick. Interesting that Toeby's brother doesn't have much of an appetite too. Are you trying a different food? I hope you are planning to get a +2 soon.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  5. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

These aren't ferals, they're neighbourhood cats who are allowed out.
    I keep cats indoors - my old cat was leash trained to go outside.
    I find Toeby will eat anything green - I had to put all house plants and bouquets out of his reach.
    Every time he eats catnip he barfs it up... but cats cannot overdose on fresh catnip, as far as I know.
    He likes it, so I give it to him, and then clean up the barf.

Catnip is a member of the mint family and sold as a herb... it is easy to grow, just likes lots of sun.

Nothing new for food - appetites go up and down here - rain is expected today, so who knows?
    His +2 was 101.
    He ate some Royal Canin kitten food for me after his test, and is currently out hoping for some of my husband's cereal milk, so hopefully he's doing okay.

6. Summer and Susie (GA)

That is a pretty big drop, Laura, and the lowest +2 he has had since May 26th. Keep an eye on him. I'm glad he ate something. That should help with the drop. Looks like his nadir is around +4 or +5 so you need to check him but you know that. I'll bet he sees a good green or two this morning. I keep Susie inside too. Except the occasional outing where I watch her like a hawk. I want her to get some fresh air now and again. Never tried to leash train a cat. I guess you have to start them young. I'll bet Susie would love fresh catnip.

7. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

+3 67 - ate some more Royal Canin Mother and babycat which is 8% carbs

I fully expect I could see some lime green this morning, but I am watching closely.
    I have cans of gravy food on hand.

8. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

+4 61
    That's a nice surprise, no lime green yet.
    Gave him some more Royal Canin Mother and Babycat and added three Temptations treats.
    Saving the higher carb food for a lime green if necessary.
    Hopefully +5 will be past, or at, his nadir.

9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Looking really good, Laura. Could you tell your boy to send some of those great numbers to Susie. Her daytime cycles really stink.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  10. Summer and Susie (GA)

You are feeding his curve well.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Looks like the bounce has cleared. Last night probably the high signaling that. I’d try your best to avoid a drop into lime even if it means feeding 12-15%.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  12. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Elise, @tiffmaxee I think I may be safe now at +5 = 68 without going to higher carb food?
    Would you agree based on his track record on his SS?
    I'd rather not feed the higher carb if I don't have to push up his BGs - he will sleep all afternoon (I've been waking him up to test him) so if he can chug along now, I will let him go.
    What do you think?

13. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

+6 = 68

He wouldn't eat any more Royal Canin wet food but he ate a couple Temptations treats.
    I don't think I am going to bug him any more with tests... he should be past nadir now unless he has changed?
    If that's not a good assumption, please set me straight.
    Just going to tag @tiffmaxee again for confirmation on this approach.
    Laura

14. Summer and Susie (GA)

Just my two cents. I would get one more test to make sure he is coming up but wait to see what Elise has to say.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  15. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

+7 = 77

I'm not sticking him any more until suppertime.

16. Summer and Susie (GA)

I understand. Good to see him coming up. You know your kitty the best. Really good flat greens, Laura.

Laurasboyz likes this.
  17. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

PMPS 135

Well, @Bron and Sheba (GA), if you are still out there, I put on my big girl pants to administer tonight's insulin on that preshot value... LOL.
    I hope this is not a dramatic evening.
    Laura

18. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Evening +4 = 185

Looks like he's not going to drop low tonight, and so I am going to try to get a decent night's sleep.
    Toeby seems to be feeling pretty good, his appetite is good and he is eating quite a bit, which may be why his BG's are higher tonight.
    Regardless, he's in the blues tonight and that was a nice run of greens today.
    It gives me hope.
    Laura